New Jaguar XF - Trilogy

Good to see a new model smaller instead of larger than the one it replaces, and with better visibility.

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-new-york-mo...s

New Jaguar XF - RobJP

Wonder if it'll be better built than the first version? My dad has had 2 of them, and they have both been plagued with electrical/sensor problems, which on every occasion have sent the car into 'limp-home' mode.

Doesn't just seem to be him either, he knows a few people who've also had lotsof niggly issues with JLR cars (all while the cars were less than 3 years old, thankfully). He got rid of both before they came up to end of warranty, and says he won't be buying another.

Edited by RobJP on 25/03/2015 at 20:23

New Jaguar XF - csgmart

Wonder if it'll be better built than the first version? My dad has had 2 of them, and they have both been plagued with electrical/sensor problems, which on every occasion have sent the car into 'limp-home' mode.

Doesn't just seem to be him either, he knows a few people who've also had lotsof niggly issues with JLR cars (all while the cars were less than 3 years old, thankfully). He got rid of both before they came up to end of warranty, and says he won't be buying another.

Well, I had a 3.0D (2010) model and it was completely faultless over 75,000 miles of driving. By far the quiestest, most comfortable and best car I have owned and driven to date. My current car is noisy and unrefined compared to the XF.

I probably wouldn't get another XF as I no longer need a car that big but the XE might just be a contender when I'm next in the market.

New Jaguar XF - John F

Well, I had a 3.0D (2010) model and it was completely faultless over 75,000 miles of driving.

Jaguar is always trying to catch up. I fail to see what is so special about an uneventful first 75,000 in a 'quality' car. My Audi A6 2.8 (1998) model was bought at 77,000 miles and was mechanically faultless for the next 11 years and 55,000 miles. Didn't even need to change the cambelt.

Jaguar must have lost many US sales because few buy luxury cars without 4WD which Jaguar have only just learned how to incorporate into a saloon car and then only with smaller engines. Americans prefer large engines in luxury saloons. There is always lots of snow in north America and the mountainous areas of Europe. However, they have at last learned how to make longlasting aluminium bodies.

They have some way to go before they can match even the old A8 (2005) model.

New Jaguar XF - Leif
What a minger. Looks like a BMW has rogered an Audi and given birth. Not that I'm the market they are aiming at.
New Jaguar XF - drd63

Looks great, given the constraints the designers work to its a pretty good result. Rob have you posted this comment before? I'd never buy any car if I listened to all the family and friends issues with a particular manufacturer.

New Jaguar XF - 72 dudes
What a minger. Looks like a BMW has rogered an Audi and given birth.

Really?

Looks like an updated Jaguar XF to me, very nice.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the shape of the little rear three quarters window, I keep thinking Subaru Legacy.

New Jaguar XF - The Gingerous One

I am looking forward to the new XF. I have a 2010 one that is just fine, so if I wait another 3 years I will be able to pick up a 3yr old new shape one hopefully....

....as long as there's a few petrol ones bought.

In the meantime, I'll see how it develops in terms of engine choices, reliability etc.

cheers

Stu