Ford Grand C-MAX - Anyone has Ford Grand C-Max 1l petrol? - upsydaisy005

Hello again! Still on the lookout for that 7 seater... we are firmly set on a petrol now that London (where we live) is looking at various low emission initiatives. Most petrol 7 seaters are hard to find and thirsty with around 40 mpg combined, not much better than our current old petrol car. Since we hold our cars for years there's no point in risking a diesel which may later become too "dirty" plus all its low speed-associated issues.

Anyway sorry for the long introduction - Grand C-Max is on the agenda with the most economical 1 ltr petrol engine (seems there's a facelifted model coming soon but I don't know if the petrol engines are changing or not). Anyone has experience with that? I've read it is not a sporty car, but we are mostly driving in the city streets with low speeds, so as long as it moves people ok, is economical and reliable it doesn't matter so much. We are 2 adults and 3 kids, plus the (very) occasional guests/friends.

Many thanks!

Ford Grand C-MAX - Anyone has Ford Grand C-Max 1l petrol? - daveyK_UK

A good friend who has similar circumstances (lives in Watford and only does 6.000 miles a year and needs 7 seats), looked at every petrol model available in the UK in MPV format (didn't want a 4x4) and settled on a brand new 1.8 zafira exclusive because of the price, he got it for 9799 on the Vauxhall partners scheme.

He prefered the Ssanyong package but as the dealer was to far away, he settled on the Vauxhall Zafira.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 25/01/2015 at 11:35

Thanks very much! Seems that Ssangyong only does diesel now. Zafira indeed goes for a good price, but hubby doesn't like it...

Ford Grand C-MAX - Anyone has Ford Grand C-Max 1l petrol? - Avant

The 1.0 'Ecoboost' engine is comparatively new, so I wouldn't expect it to change even if there's a facelift - and if there is, you can expect a good discount on the pre-facelift model if you're buying new. There should also be some nearly-new ones around.

I think a Grand C-Max is your best bet - not too big if you only occasionally need 7 seats, and that engine is I believe livelier than its small size would suggest. It's not very economical when driven hard, but it should be fine in town, and better than a 1.6 or 1.8 Zafira. And generally Fords are better to drive than Vauxhalls.

Thanks very much for answering!