What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Stereo Code - sjcarer

Hi hope someone can help, had my battery die on me the other night and now need to get the code, where will I find the serial number please

Ford dealership want £20 + VAT

Many thanks in advance

Ford Ka - Stereo Code - Galaxy

Serial number is given on the white sticky label which is on the outside of the radio casing. You need to pull the radio out of the dashboard so that the label can be seen. You don't need to remove the radio completely, just pull it out a few inches.

Alternatively, you can try pressing Buttons 1 and 6, or 2 and 6, together. This might give you the serial number, plus a lot of other numbers, too.

The serial number will begin with either a "V" or an "M", followed by six digits.

If it's a "V" then I'm afraid it's a Ford Main Dealer or there are people on Ebay who say they can do them.

If it's an "M" then you can use the following link and do it yourself!

www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

Ford Ka - Stereo Code - sjcarer

Thank you so much. will have a look tomorrow and see it I can fix it

Many thanks

Ford Ka - Stereo Code - mosaddique

If your serial number starts with a V then see www.ukbookshelf.co.uk/fordv. A non urgent request cost £7.95.

I have used this service myself so I know it works. They have contacts in Ford.

Also as the first reply suggests, there are also people on ebay who provide this service for V serials.

If you are lucky you have a M serial in which case the link provided in the first reply will do the business.

Obtain your serial number by turning On the unit and pressing digit 1 and 6 together for a few seconds then releasing them together. The display read out will scroll and at the end you will see your serial number. This is how I obtained my serial number on a 6000 CD.

Edited by mosaddique on 02/12/2014 at 22:55