What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Saloon - Ford Fiesta 1.6 2001 - Overheating - pettsy

Hi Fiesta owners.

My Fiesta Freestyle 1.6 Zetec 2001 Y-reg

I don’t normally post thing, but so pleased I have now fix the problem I just had to share it with you on here.

My Ford Fiesta developed a heating problem after changing the Anti freeze, ( nothing to do with that ) To cut a long story short, I change the thermostat 3 times a ( Ford part 82deg - BGA Gaskets 92 deg - Ford part 82deg ) as I was sure it was this at fault, as the ( bottom hose was cold most of the time = input to Rad from Thermostat ) & the top hose was red hot. Talking to the manufactures of the thermostat asking for a lower temp Stat, No such thing, only 82deg. and by talking to lots of mechanics and others. you nome it and it was sugested to me. The only way i could get about was by having the heater on Full and the Fan on Full. On my third attemp at changing the thermostat in a weeks.

I decided to MODIFY the Thermostat by making a small hole 6mm in the thermostat housing ( where there is a small ball bearing ) Insatl with the Hole at the Top. and hay presto it works fine OK now. NO Fan coming on, No Temp gauge off the scale. The heater takes just a little longer to heat up, but thats Ok.

I hope this help all other with the same problem. I was pulling my hair out. lol

Lenny Hertford

Edited by pettsy on 12/11/2014 at 17:40