What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - John2014

Hi

Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet.

This problem has just started on my Ka.

Any ideas what maybe causing this?

Thanks for any advice.

John

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - brighteyes
Start by checking the door and windscreen seals. If no joy there check all the welds in the footwell and also any rubber grommets. Bear in mind that the leak may be small and it's taken time to show on the carpet so patience is needed in your search.
Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - elekie&a/c doctor

What age is this car?

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - Railroad.
Water leaks are a nightmare. Many garages won't take the job on because they're so time consuming and they can't justify charging the hours needed to be spent on it. You will have to remove the seats and centre console. You can then remove the carpets and underfelt and leave them out to dry for a few days. With the inside of the car now stripped out you can detect the source of the leak much more easily. Once you've found it and cured it you can put the seats and centre console back in, but leave the carpets out until they're completely dry. Refit them when they are.
Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - dadbif
A lot of cars suffer from this when the drain holes at the bottom of the windscreen scuttle are blocked by leaves etc, you can normally get at these by removing the wipers and then the panel behind, if your lucky the wipers may not need removal
Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - elekie&a/c doctor

Open the bonnet,and on the passenger side,at the rear of the engine bay,next to the suspension turret is a large black rubber grommet that takes the main wiring into the car.Make sure this is secure and correctly located.This is one of the main causes of water entry into this model.

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - Hertsman

I removed the windscreen scuttle and could not find any drain holes at all. If possible can you please post a photo showing the drain holes? Any help greatly appreciated...I'm desperate :-(

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - littleolliez

Is the water clean like rain water or has it got anti freeze in it. i had an 405 with the same problem and it was the heater matrix seals gone maybe worth checking that before trying to find a leak coming in from outside. If not like has been said by others windscreen, doors etc.

I would say it is almost certainly rain water.

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - edlithgow

If you have to lift the carpet anyway, take the floor drain plugs out. If water is pooling away from the drain plugs, run a bit of rope across the footwell and dangle a bit of it through the drain hole so it'll wick the water out.

Obviously not a fix, but a workaround until you find the source.

I took my carpets out and never bothered putting them back. Stupid things to put in a car.

Ford Ka - Passenger side footwell carpet soaking wet. - catsdad
Its worth checking the passenger door for any drain holes at the bottom. All cars allow water to run along the inside of the door skin and out through the bottom of the dor. If these block the water might find its way into the cabin

Also lots of Ka's were driving school cars and dual controls might have left holes in the floor and any sealing that was applied when they were removed might have failed.

Another point, has it got a sunroof? The drains from these can fail.

Having said that my money is on the already mentioned drainage holes below the windscreen. In many cars these block very easily.