What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
peugeot 307 - clicking noise - gvmllr001

hi all just a quick one..i have a pug 307 1.4 s...when the engine is running i can hear a ticking noise coming from the front..when i press the accelerator i can hear it most..it sounds like when you have something stuck on your tyre..i recently got a new backbox fitted and it didnt make this ticking noise before hand..im saying its from the front of the car but noise travels..could one of rhe tensioners be on its way out or the fanbelt..has anyone had the same problem that could enlighten me as to what it could be...many thanks..,

peugeot 307 - clicking noise - Peter.N.

If the ticking is consistent with engine speed could well be a drive belt.

thanks for the reply. could it be the alternator belt as sometimes when i start it up i get a little squeel the goes ok.

peugeot 307 - clicking noise - Peter.N.

Certainly could be.

thanks for the reply peter,im just going to get newtensioner kit put on just incase its the belt or one of the pulleys...ive just priced tensioner kit up,came back 45 pounds so ill get it and pay a mate of mine to fit it..

hi peter ive been to see a freind of mine whos a mechanic,explained the problem.hes had a good look at the car and it turns out that its the water pump at fualt. ive ordered one today,well infact ive ordered two because theres 2 specifications for my car. one has 18 teeth and the other has 20 teeth so ill just use the one i need then take the other back for a refund.hopefully it will be quite after the repair later tioday...