Ford Fiesta 02 reg - To scrap or not to scrap? - redkev

Hi

Got the above car which has had a few problems over the almost 4 years since Ive had it (it was accident damaged in it's previous life)

Had a new clutch about 2 and a half years ago which is the biggest thing but ever since I had MOT in Feb this year it has intermittently overheated. This can come and go and sometimes it doesn't overheat for a month at a time. Recently the power started to go in first and second gear although the car would be ok in 3rd and 4th generally.

The engine management light has also come on.

Over the space of a week it got worse and worse particularly starting uphill to the point where it is now just sitting in my parking space and can't be driven.

I dont have home assistance and so I would have to somehow try and get it to a garage but have also been quoted £100 as a scrap price and i'm not sure whether it is worth the effort to save it given it's probably a big repair required (I would have to borrow the money for repairs in that case). Thoughts on potential fault/s and cost would be appreciated.

I do need a car to get the kids about but I am coping on the bus this week so I can probably live without one for a while if I have to

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Ford Fiesta 02 reg - To scrap or not to scrap? - mss1tw

You need to get any logged fault codes read before we can even begin to offer a rough idea of prices...

Ford Fiesta 02 reg - To scrap or not to scrap? - redkev

Ok thanks

Any idea what a garage will charge just to look up the fault codes?

Ford Fiesta 02 reg - To scrap or not to scrap? - Railroad.
Don't take it to a garage and pay the earth. Look on Amazon for an EOBD code reader. You'll be amazed at how cheap they are. They won't solve all your problems, but they will be able to read emission related fault codes and clear them, as well as displaying live data and freeze frame information. They are an essential for any car owner these days.