What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 (2000) - Unusual Tax Disc Holder Removal Problem - kesher

The tax disc holder has a black lead attached to it which goes down the side of the dash. I've tried to pull it out; but it seem to be attached to something. Any idea what this is? I've phoned a Ford dealer and they said they had never heard of this.

THANKS

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 (2000) - Unusual Tax Disc Holder Removal Problem - RobJP

Has the car got (or had in the past) an aftermarket phone cradle/setup, or a later DAB radio ?

I've seen aerials that were built into tax disc holders in the past

I don't know: I have not owned it from new; but it has it's original FM radio fitted which uses the standard aerial

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 (2000) - Unusual Tax Disc Holder Removal Problem - Wackyracer

Are you sure its not one of the connections for the heated screen?

I'm not sure; but I've never seen one that includes a tax disc holder. The Ford dealer said that this tax disc holder is not a standard fitting.

I've just asked another Ford dealer about this and they havn't a clue what it is

Edited by kesher on 02/10/2014 at 11:47

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 (2000) - Unusual Tax Disc Holder Removal Problem - elekie&a/c doctor

This is a tax disc holder that incorporates an aerial for a mobile phone kit.I have one fitted in my old Honda.If there is no phone kit installed,then cut the wire and remove the holder.It is only a co-axial lead.

Ford Focus Saloon 1.8 (2000) - Unusual Tax Disc Holder Removal Problem - Galaxy

Many years ago I bought a tax disc holder aerial for a car that it was going to be difficult to fit a conventional aerial to. The thing was absolutely useless as a car radio aerial but, as soon as I read the description of a tax disc holder with a connection on the rear, I immediately knew what it was.

Wouldn't have thought there would have very much of a reason to have a tax disc radio aerial on a modern car but, you never know, a previous owner could-well have been using a different type of radio in the car. A scanning receiver, perhaps?

Looks like I'll be cutting it.

Thanks