Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - JamieM9021

I was performing a 3 point turn in a small narrow street and while I was doing my 2nd point(reversing) turn which I think was doing around speed of 3-5mph and had my steering wheel nearly/full lock but I didnt realise on how close I was so when I kept reversing until the back wheels had hit the kerb, which felt quite hard.

I'm concerned if I have damaged the steering wheel system,,steering wheel,tyres,suspension,shock absorber or car mechanical parts or cause the car to be out of alignment?
i62.tinypic.com/r2n5h3.png
Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - RobJP

Retard, or troll ?

I know where my vote goes

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - elekie&a/c doctor

A lot of the Fiesta s models have rear wheel steering,especially the white ones.If you have hit the kerb while doing a 3 point turn ,then i suspect the system has malfunctioned.Take it to a Ford dealer asap.

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - jc2

A lot of the Fiesta s models have rear wheel steering,especially the white ones.If you have hit the kerb while doing a 3 point turn ,then i suspect the system has malfunctioned.Take it to a Ford dealer asap.

What Fiestas were those? Every Fiesta I've ever owned(and that's quite a few)had a solid axle(a large diameter tube located by trailing arms and a Panhard rod) at the back-completely solid on early models and twist beam on the later.

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - JamieM9021

It's called caring for your car and being paranoid?

The car is front wheel drive .

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - mss1tw

Do you have a younger brother that once had some problems importing four Lambourghinis into the USA?

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - RobJP

Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Car manufacturers test their cars incredibly hard. If you want to see an example, go to here :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gunkYqLbT4

If you drive your car more roughly than that, then you're likely to damage something. But in normal, everyday driving, bumping on a kerb, hitting a small pothole at a REASONABLE speed, it's very unlikely.

Caring for your car is different to being paranoid. It's a car. It gets used. Eventually, if you use it long/hard enough, things will break and need replacing.

If you're not willing to accept that, then sell it, and take a bus.

Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Car manufacturers test their cars incredibly hard. If you want to see an example, go to here :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gunkYqLbT4

If you drive your car more roughly than that, then you're likely to damage something. But in normal, everyday driving, bumping on a kerb, hitting a small pothole at a REASONABLE speed, it's very unlikely.

Caring for your car is different to being paranoid. It's a car. It gets used. Eventually, if you use it long/hard enough, things will break and need replacing.

If you're not willing to accept that, then sell it, and take a bus.

I'm not a car mechanic but does it cause the car to be out of alignment if the back wheels hit he kerb based on the situation I described?

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - gordonbennet

One of these should be fine for you.

www.galtresfestival.org.uk/uploads/images/dodgems-...g

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - mss1tw

No.

Edited by mss1tw on 26/09/2014 at 21:17

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - galileo

I hope you have a supply of towels in the boot to dry it if it gets rained on, you don't want it to rust, do you? (don't forget to dry under the wheel arches too.).

I hope you have a supply of towels in the boot to dry it if it gets rained on, you don't want it to rust, do you? (don't forget to dry under the wheel arches too.).

Yeah especially Fiestas, you need to get right underneath and dry them off

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - The-Mechanic

What you need is about 25 rolls of this

www.lubanpack.com/images/bubble-wrap.jpg

Wrap the whole car in it, paying close attention to the wheels, tyres and especially the front and rear suspension components. If you find wrapping the car with it difficult, and to be honest, who doesn't, I find using expanding foam a godsend

images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/lithuanian-foam-ca...g

Be careful how much you use though, you don't want to end up like this

img198.imageshack.us/img198/3252/fatcar.jpg

Of course, you could also use the expanding foam on the interior ! I'd suggest about 50 cans of the 750ml size would just about do it for a Fiesta. All you need to do is remove the rear wiper motor (if it hasn't been de-wipered yet that is), empty the 50 cans in quick succession through it, leave for at least 24 to cure then bob's your uncle, no worries about damaging your pride 'n joy on the nasty, bumpy-wumpy British roads. ??

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - bathtub tom

I jacked my car up recently, when I let it down the tyres touched the road.

Should I be paranoid?

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - The-Mechanic

You did what tom ?

You've ruined the structural integrity of the whole car you fool !

I'm afraid it's now worthless and you may find you'll have to pay for someone to collect the car and crush it before it falls apart from the massive damage you've caused.

In future be more careful, you of all people should know better !!!!

I jacked my car up recently, when I let it down the tyres touched the road.

Should I be paranoid?

Yes if the car loses balance and drops to the ground.

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - Oli rag

I recently removed my tom tom sat nav from the front window. Is the pull from the sucker attachment likely to have delaminated my windscreen or bent the roof pillars?

Also would i be likely to dislocate my elbow or break my arm from pulling too hard on the sucker? Please help, I haven't used it since :)

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - skidpan

Retard, or troll ?

I know where my vote goes

To be honest I think he is both.

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - Andrew-T

I think you merciless so-&-so's may get this forum a bad name ....

I think you merciless so-&-so's may get this forum a bad name ....

Over to you then Andrew, see latest post... ;-P

I am rather being serious and here is the pride and joy car.

I was travelling on the motorway at 40mph on the slip road and drove over a pothole which was unavoidable so now I am concerned of damaging the car components like out of alignemnt or suspension or wheels. In my opinion I see cars are fragile to potholes.

If I was someone who knows about cars I wouldnt be asking would I?

My hot hatch.

postimg.org/image/ks7oxytj7/

Jamie, do yourself a favour and take your car into a garage and ask them to carry out a full inspection paying close attention to the wheels, tyres and suspension. Also ask them to carry out a full four wheel alignment.

If, as you say you're so concerned about damage, that would be the first thing you would do. It's pointless asking on the forums as you need to physically inspect the car, which as I'm sure you're aware, is impossible online. As the old saying goes ' my balls are hairy, not crystal'

Sure, it's possible to damage a car by hitting kerbs, potholes but you need to be going faster than you claim to wreck the car. Are you are really that paranoid or dare I say, a bit dim to suggest that the holes / kerbs you've hit at such low speeds have caused catastrophic damage.

Your car will take more punishment so don't worry too much. After all, it's a Luke warm hatchback, not a fragile 'sports car' after all !

Edited by The-Mechanic on 28/09/2014 at 00:24

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - Simon

Is it just a con to get people to click on your links???

Ford fiesta Zetec S - 3 point turn, back wheels hit the pavement kerb ha - Oli rag

Possibly. 2 posts ago he said he drove an astra sri !