What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - New Car - Cowimars

Local garage are doing good deals on Ford Fiesta's with the 1.25 60ps Duratec engine. What is this engine like in the Fiesta - is it sluggish ? Is this old technology now - will anyone want it in 3 years time. Its this or hold onto what i have - i cant afford the 1.0 ecoboost at the moment.

Ford Fiesta - New Car - skidpan

Not driven a Fiesta with the 60PS 1.25 "Duratec" engine but the 1.25 80 PS one is fine.

The engine was introduced in about 1995. Co designed by Yamaha and is all alloy in contruction. Belt cams and generally robust. Was originally called the Zetec SE which changed to the Sigma and by the sounds of things is now called the Duratec to keep it in line with fords other engine offereings. Ford love to confuse matters.

So its not exactly what you could call cutting edge technology but its the same as most other engines out there, 16 valves, twin cams, made of alloy. Don't expect stunning mpg figures, 40 mpg at most I would suggest.

I would expect that with only 60 PS it will be a slug but the only way to find out if it suits your needs is to try one.