What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - Vincenz

Hi

Im looking for some advice, Iam due to collect a new car in the next few weeks on a PCP purchase. Im awaiting a call from the dealer to confirm a delivery date, at which point I have to go down and sign - although I did sign some forms on the day (not sure what)

I was told that when they "pressed the button" to order the car it means I have to go ahead -is this correct as due a change in circumstances, I really would rather not proceed with the agreement.

Any help appreciated

Vince

Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - brighteyes
It's too late to state the obvious, ie don't sign anything you haven't read first. You should have a copy of what you signed, find it and read it to see exactly what you've committed to. Check to see if there's a "cooling off" period, usually 14 days although sometimes it can be up to 30 days. Once you've satisfied yourself of your "rights" I advise you to contact the dealer immediately and explain your change of circumstances. You're then going to discover what their view of what you've signed is. Take on board what they say and see if you're negotiating skills are up to a challenge of getting yourself out of what I suspect is a pre-contract agreement and is probably watertight. One last thing, did you leave the dealer with any money as a deposit? If they have your bank details contact the bank and tell them to refuse any payment to the dealer unless they receive your permission.
Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - Falkirk Bairn

>> I did sign some forms on the day (not sure what)

Do you not have a copy? You should have been given a copy.

Read it!

Read it!

very helpful!

The point was I have NOT signed the forms that I am required to when they have a delivery date - I am at work at present and have just been made aware of the changes!, the documents are at home - of course when I get home I will read I am simply asking for how the law stands

Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - RT

Read it!

very helpful!

The point was I have NOT signed the forms that I am required to when they have a delivery date - I am at work at present and have just been made aware of the changes!, the documents are at home - of course when I get home I will read I am simply asking for how the law stands

You, and anyone trying to help, needs to know what you HAVE signed, not what you haven't signed - without that knowledge I don't see that anyone can help because it's that initial document that has your legal obligations, if any.

Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - Manatee

Two things here. The order form for the car, and the PCP (consumer credit) deal.

You will not be on the hook for the PCP if the car hasn't been delivered and you will have no difficulty anyway if you have not signed the agreement. If you have, just tell the creditor you wish to cancel.

That does not mean you haven't entered into a contract for the purchase. And whilst you would have a right of withdrawal on the PCP for a period, that would not cancel the purchase.

Have you signed an order form?

I suggest you tell them ASAP if you are cancelling anyway so that they have the opportunity to mitigate their loss - if they then fail to do so and it comes to hey lads hey, that will help to reduce any possible claim against you.

Perfect -exactly what I was after - thankyou so much for your help Manatee - very much appreciated

Ford Kuga - Rights with backing out of a Ford PCP Contract - Manatee

I'm not backtracking on the above but if there is any argument with the dealer get personal advice - start with CAB perhaps. I'm not a lawyer or an expert on consumer rights generally, but I know a fair amount about consumer credit.

There's a document here that includes the principles of the right of withrawal from a credit agreement - page 49 of the document/52 of the pdf is the relevant part. Normally it applies when the deal has been paid out to the dealer and you would have to pay the lender the full amount plus a bit of interest to exit the agreement. In your case it hasn't even been paid out so the lender would just cancel it if you have not had delivery - but if you have signed one CONTACT THE LENDER and clarify their position towards you.

goo.gl/d2xSud