What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Taxing ONline Mid-Month - mbmb11

Ok, my car has been in the garage after failing its mot.

Its tax expired at the end of June.

Now, i wanted to buy new tax online on monday, but obviously even though i am taxed from that date im weary of whether i can drive without DISPLAYING a valid tax disc.

On the dvla section of the gov.uk site it says you can display the old disc for UP TO 14 days only and is valid for someone who has had continuous tax. But nothing for anyone who is taxing mid month. Think this is odd as they are steering (no pun :p) everyone to buy tax online, as we will all have to from october onwards.

Any info would be gratefully recieved thanks

Ford Focus - Taxing ONline Mid-Month - oldroverboy.

If you read the website you are taxed immediately, and an anpr check will show this, if in doubt call or got to post office, However if yo declared sorn or want the tax from the beginning of next month won't apply.

Ford Focus - Taxing ONline Mid-Month - Cyd

You don't say when the new tax starts. Beginning of July or Aug?

Strictly speaking, you have already commited an offence by not taxing or SORNing within 5 days of the old tax expiring.

If you've taxed from the beginning of July, then display the confirmation email until the disc arrives.

If you've taxed it from the beginning of Aug, then you have a problem.

Ford Focus - Taxing ONline Mid-Month - Auristocrat

Tax the car at a Post Office, where you will be issued with the tax disc (starting from 1st July) straightaway. End of problem.