What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - daveyK_UK

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/488932/MG6-s-unrivalled-package-offers-complete-peace-of-mind?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-life-and-style-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Life+%26+Style+Feed%29

When are they going to get more dealerships?

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - Avant

Right at the bottom of this piece it says 'sponsored article'. For whatever reason the MG6 isn't selling well although I believe the smaller MG3 is doing better.

It did well in the Auto Express survey but I suspect the sample of readers was very small.

Generally it didn't have much going for it: it came out in the middle of a recession; Mondeo-size cars aren't popular at the moment, let alone saloons; and MG is effectively an untried brand. There hasn't been an MG saloon since 1970; and what recent memories there still are of MGs are of the unreliable MGF.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - jgrahampo

You forget about the MG Montego.

www.mgownersclub.co.uk/mg-montego-turbo.html

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - madf

And the MG Maestro tinyurl.com/plm4t4y

And the MG Metro tinyurl.com/plm4t4y

(all carp though)

Edited by madf on 19/07/2014 at 15:15

Sorry - yes, i did forget about those. If I remember right, the non-turbo MG Maestro EFI was quite a good car.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - gordonbennet

Some rather tasty MG badged Rover 75's lurking about if you look carefully, with a lazy untroubled by complication Mustang V8 burbling away under the bonnet and driving the correct wheels.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - jgrahampo

Of course I did not forget them, they are not saloons as per the post I was replying to.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - groaver

Around the time their residual values start to hold up rather than plummet as they do currently.

Second hand they are very good value for money.

The latest What Car has a mini-test of a 6 against an Octavia. The MG gets one star, the Skoda five. That must be more than just a matter of a tester's opinion.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - groaver

Given that mag's predeliction for all things German I'd imagine it will be something like 2 for the MG to 3.5-4 for the Skoda in the general public's overall opinion.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - alan1302

The latest What Car has a mini-test of a 6 against an Octavia. The MG gets one star, the Skoda five. That must be more than just a matter of a tester's opinion.

Or they just use the 1-5 stars properly. Most websites give a poor car 3 out of 5, an average one 4 and a great one 5 and forget to use starts 1 and 2.

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - skidpan

In my experience motoring mags will rarely say a car is 1 star poor because the truth is they want the car companies to carry on providing them with free lunches, free foreign holidays and free cars for long term tests. Even the most average car will get 3 stars.

If they gave the MG6 1 star it must be truly poor

MG6 - The best aftersales package on the market? - davecooper
Personally, I take absolutely no notice of star ratings, they are skewed at best. A car's star rating can be seriously affected by such things as boot space, headroom, legroom, depreciation, dealer network etc. For me, none of these things matter, that's why I actually test drive cars to see if they tick my boxes and not the reviewers.