What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Ford Focus Automatics 2008 and beyond - SalimShady

Hi Guys.

I'm trying to find out some thing about Ford Focuses from 2008 and newer.

If I have 2 x 2008 Ford Focus in front of me and one says powershift and the other does not but both are 'automatic' and the powershift focus is a 6 speed dct does that mean that the non powershift focus is a 4 speed. The reason I ask is because I know that powershift starting coming with the focusfrom around 2008 here in the UK.

So I guess I'm just asking for a bit of clarification

Also on a side note did I've been reading that alot of powershift focuses in the US had issues and Ford released a TSB for it which sorted out the issue. Would this apply to the UK??

Thanks

Ford Focus - Ford Focus Automatics 2008 and beyond - dafskipman

Hi, could you supply more detail regarding which Focus model you refer to. If im correct, only the TDCI was powershift equipped from 2008 (Mk2 facelift). The petrol engine variants used the conventional (torque convertor) auto boxes (4sp) right up until the Mk3 Focus was introduced in 2011.

That answered my questions thanks dafskipman

That answered my questions thanks dafskipman

Actually one other question...was the powershift an option on the transmission becuase i've seen a couple of focuses that were 2011 models but did not have the powershift gearbox controls on the interior they just had the standrad auto gearbox handle but they did have the S option to allow manual shift so are these poershift transmissions as well?? Thanks