Volkswagen FOX 1.3 - fault with VW Fox - heidenheim

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else had a problem with a faulty coolant system on their Fox..AND why is it no longer in production..

Edited by Avant on 09/07/2014 at 19:37

Volkswagon FOX 1.3 - fault with VW Fox - elekie&a/c doctor

What problem do you have with the coolant system?It is the same as a Polo.The Fox is not made any more because it was not popular.The Polo was a better deal.

Volkswagon FOX 1.3 - fault with VW Fox - alan1302

Didn't the UP! replace the Fox?

Volkswagon FOX 1.3 - fault with VW Fox - heidenheim

there was a small rubber sealant ring attached to the coolant rubber pipe that perished and caused coolant to leak...neede topping up every couple of weeks!!! as it was only just over 3 years old and had only done 5,000 miles I was not well please at all..Have compained to VW as it cost me over £100 to replace!!!always had VW cars i,e, golfs and they ran like tanks for many year...

Volkswagon FOX 1.3 - fault with VW Fox - The-Mechanic

The seal probably perished due to the car not being used regularly or on long enough journeys to get up to temperature judging by the mileage ?

All engines need to get up to operating temperatures fully, and for a reasonably lengthy time otherwise they can suffer all kinds of problems as they never get to run at their optimal.

It seems to me the seal has never had the opportunity to go through several heat / cool down cycles to 'bed it in' so to speak, and just got brittle and perished away.