What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - Bill Badger 1295

Am thinking of buying a Mondeo Estate or similar from Ford Direct but have heard some rather disturbing stories about the level of customer service after purchase. One representative didn't seem to know that the car in question had 2 year roadside assistance and refused to help a driver in distress! Someone else could not get hold of the V5! Doesn't give me much confidence to go down this road. Can anyone give me a steer on buying from Ford Direct or Dagenham Motors as they are sometimes known as?

Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - daveyK_UK

Ford have such a big dealership network, they are bound to be some good and some bad.

When we had transit connects in our fleet, one of our drivers lived in Lancashire. We found Greyhound Ford of Accrington to be better than most. Certainly a lot better than the major dealership chain up the road who couldn't tell the difference between a worn clutch and a head gasket.

Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - oldtoffee

A friend of mine bought a diesel Mondeo estate from them, decent price apparently and he's had no problems. He does 40k to 50k miles a year and the Direct cars come with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty which was a big factor for him.

Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - Happy Blue!

My S-Max came from Ford Direct via Motors Coalville. No issues at all and what little customer service I needed was given willingly and without hassle.

Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - Alby Back
Long time ago, but about 2003 I bought a Mondeo estate from Ford Direct. 6 months old at the time with 6000 miles. £10,000 for a car which at the time listed at over £17,000 new. Ran it for another 3 years/100,000 without problems and got £3250 for it. No brainer.

Beige though. Never liked the colour.
Ford Mondeo Estate - Buying from Ford Direct/Dagenham Motors - jc2

Dagenham motors are one of the few dealer chains owned directly by Ford-most are not.Ford Direct cars are usually excellent.