Peugeot 308 S HDi 2009 - Oil Pressure - Oil Pressure issue 2 months after P1 service? - claritadeb73

Peugeot 308 S HDi 2009 - Oil Pressure light has come on (over Bank Holiday, joy) only two months after a P1 dealership service. Oil info light on start up says Oil OK. I've looked at the dipstick and it looks OK (I understand from other threads in the this forum, black oil is usual). My question is, should I be asking some tough questions back to the dealership as to why this has happened? And what? Surely if there was an issue with the oil circulation in the engine, this should be picked up at all levels of servicing? I've had my car serviced at this dealership since new, so would be dreadfully disappointed if they missed something.

Peugeot 308 S HDi 2009 - Oil Pressure - Oil Pressure issue 2 months after P1 service? - Peter.N.

If you had no oil pressure the engine would soon let you know, it will rattle like a bag of nails, I think its more likely that you have a faulty pressure sensor.

I would suggst that you change the oil more frequently that the reccomended interval, dirty oil is responsible for many turbo failures. 6000-8000 miles is quite long enough.

Peugeot 308 S HDi 2009 - Oil Pressure - Oil Pressure issue 2 months after P1 service? - Gibbo_Wirral

You're not the first person to report this problem soon after an oil change. Take a look on peugeotforums.com and you'll see similar threads.