2003 Ford Focus ghia - MOT advisories - skint98

Hi I know nothing about cars but have recently bought a 2nd hand 2003 Ford Focus Ghia. Was informed it was in perfect working order but since purchase have noticed the MOT came with 10 advisories. I'm now worried I have purchased a heap of junk. The advisories are:

1. Supplementary restraints system warning lamp does not illuminate.

2. Nearside front brake pipe slightly corroded

3. (at rack) power steering pipe(s) or hose(s) has slight seepage.

4. Nearside rear lower suspension arem corroded but not seriously weakened

5. Offside rear lower suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened.

6. Rear sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened.

7. Offside rear wheel bearing has slight play.

Others are related to tyre tread and wiper blades which my husband can sort.

Could anyone tell me if this is as serious as it sounds? I have 3 young children and don't want to be taking them out in an unsafe car. Are there any jobs which should be done sooner than others and also any ideas roughly of how much these jobs may cost? The car has 88k miles and i don't know if the timing belt has been done. If it wasn't would this have been mentioned in the MOT advisory?

Sorry for so many questions but I really have no idea about cars and i'm worried if I take it straight to a garage i may be charged over the odds if I go in without any information. In hindsight I should have looked into this before buying but urgently needed a car and didn't even think to ask about the advisories.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2003 Ford Focus ghia - MOT advisories - elekie&a/c doctor

Items 2-7 are not too serious and are the type of issues you are going to find on any 10 yeay old car.The cam belt is not part of any mot test,but on a Focus should be replaced at 10 years or 100k miles.What is worrying is item #1,related to airbag system.I suspect there is a fault with the airbag system and somebody has conveniently disabled its operation.Could be an expensive fix and needs investigation.hth

Thank you so much for your quick response. Would it have passed the MOT if it has been disabled? do you think the other jobs sound like they could wait a while?

2003 Ford Focus ghia - MOT advisories - elekie&a/c doctor

The airbag warning light is a bit of a grey area regards a pass or fail.If it is illuminated during the test,then it is a fail.If the light fails to illuminate at all,then it is a pass and advise,as you have found out.I would get the airbag system tested before spending out on any further repairs.The other jobs can wait,be would need to be in priority order,sarting with the brake pipes.

Thanks again. will get the car booked in next week to get this looked at. fingers crossed it's easily fixed.