I have recently bought an 07 plate Focus C-max 1.6 - Hesitation when ubder load. - Joner73
I have recently bought an 07 plate Focus C-max 1.6TDCI (90). Car is in excellent condition with full history and only 37K on clock.
Car runs well , except for a bit of hesitation. The hesitation only seems to occur when under load , eg going up hill , and only when you put your foot to the floor in 3rd or 4th gear. You can feel the car holding back a bit between 2000 and 2500 revs , and it sort of "pulses". Feels like it may be a fuel issue , or maybe air flow?
It is the 90bhp engine, so no DPF to consider. It has been back to the dealer (Evans Halshaw) , and they replaced the fuel filter and cleaned out the EGR, but the problem still persists. The turbo appears to be in excellent condition. No play in the shaft , just a bit of carbon deposit in the fins , but no more than I would expect. No abnormal smoke from exhaust , and no unusual noises that I can hear. They have suggested it might need a software update from Ford. They will get it done under warranty , but my local Ford dealer can't get it in for another 2 weeks.
Just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas?
Any help , or advise would be appreciated.

I have recently bought an 07 plate Focus C-max 1.6 - Hesitation when ubder load. - Oli rag

Can't help specifically, but there's a lot of info on here re 1.6 tdci engine problems.

Have a search, it might be of use, lots of early turbo failure problems is one of them if I remember