What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Estate 2007 - Alarm sounding, could this be the culprit ? - Englishbullterrier

Hi, i thought this might be one for "Elekie&a/c doctor" ?

A couple of days ago I put a new head unit in and had to remove the flexible panel over the top of the pedals to run mic and aux leads.

This necessitated the removal of the component as shown below.

Since I did this, the alarm goes off after about 25 seconds whether I use the key of the fob to lock it. It happens every time. Elekie&ac doctor kindly explained (last year) that this was -

"In car temp sensor with aspirator fan.hth"

However, I have removed it (unplugged it) and now the alarm does not go off.

Is there any link to this part and the alarm system does anyone know ?

Many thanks.............ebt

i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx168/srholmes/Alarm_z...g

Edited by Englishbullterrier on 26/03/2014 at 11:47

Ford Mondeo Estate 2007 - Alarm sounding, could this be the culprit ? - elekie&a/c doctor

This part is for the a/c climate system.nothing to do with the alarm system.Do you have ultra sonic sensors built into the roof light,above mirror.?

Ford Mondeo Estate 2007 - Alarm sounding, could this be the culprit ? - Englishbullterrier

Sorry HTH to waste yours (and anyone elses) time.

Of course, it was not that at all. Going back to basics I took the new head unit out and the alarm didn't trigger at all. Put it back in and within 20 secs it triggered when locked.

Now, you're probably thinking to yourself, hmmm........... +12v switched, +12 solid, ground and 4 sets of speaker wires, orange to for dimming display when lights are on and blue for a power antenna feed (from the head unit), how can that be an issue ?

I disconnected the blue wire and, hey presto, all is perfect. I guess this Ford does not like this connection. As it failed with radio off, it can't have been a 12v feed issue, but maybe somehow a path to ground through the head unit somehow.

Strange thing is, the head unit I took out worked perfectly fine using the same loom, as they are both Blaupunkts...........

Thanks all..................ebt