What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - Trilogy

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show/ford-...s

? I thought Ford is American!

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - Collos25

A bit rich coming from a company that stopped making cars in the UK some time back.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - oldroverboy.

There goes their customer service and warranty then.

One of the things i have liked about my Gm/korean chevrolets is that there were zero issues when getting repairs done under warranty, yet I read quite often of other makes refusing warranty claims for the flimsiest of reasons.

I like the idea of 3 years or more of maufacturers warranty, and not 1 year manufacturer and then 2 years of dealer warranty.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - Ed V

No doubt Nissan, VW, Hyundai and others will follow suit.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - alan1302

No, Nissan, VW and Hyundai are not known as British companies.

Despite being a US company Ford is very often seen as a British company by the public - probably because they have made and sold cars here so long - even though they don't sell cars here now.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - Ethan Edwards

I fairness they do have a very large office building in Brentwood... UK that is not California.

I was particularly amused to see in the employees car park as I drove by (last week) around 15% were not actually Ford or even Ford family.

Pugs, Citroens Japanese etc. Given the chunky (spectacularly so - my boss saved shedloads thanks to his late fathers job) discounts they offer to 'Friends n Family of Empolyees it sort of says quite a lot about Fords imo.

Sadly I don't know anyone of my relatives who is eligible so my purchases are using my hard earned etc. Even my Boss says that he woudn't have one if he had to pay full price.

Ford - as British as Sushi.....More Mayonnaise on your Chips Meinheer?

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - primeradriver

No, Nissan, VW and Hyundai are not known as British companies.

... and yet Nissan have been more British than Ford for over a decade now. Stupid British public -- allowing themselves to be taken in by the whole Ford/Vauxhall=British thing while the genuine British companies go down the plughole.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - alan1302

... and yet Nissan have been more British than Ford for over a decade now. Stupid British public -- allowing themselves to be taken in by the whole Ford/Vauxhall=British thing while the genuine British companies go down the plughole.

Withou opening a can o worms on the subjet the genuine British companies very often didn't give customers a reason to buy over and above a forein owned car.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - daveyK_UK

With the transit now made in Turkey, will it get the same sales?

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - Bromptonaut

OK, so Ford don't assemble cars here any more. It does though have very significant facilities producing engines and transmissions to supply the assembly lines elsewhere in Europe.

A lot of R&D is also done here.

Ford to emphasise it's Britishness - jc2

OK, so Ford don't assemble cars here any more. It does though have very significant facilities producing engines and transmissions to supply the assembly lines elsewhere in Europe.

A lot of R&D is also done here.

Not just assembly lines in Europe but the whole world-it is no longer economic to produce the same vehicles/components in many different countries.Ford produce diesel engines for cars and vans in the UK-not just for themselves but also other manufacturers and much of the Dagenham production is exported.Ford also produce petrol engines for most of the world,not just for themselves but also Jaguar,Aston Martin and others.Much of the production from that plant in South Wales is also exported.