What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - thejamesjamess

i just have my ford focus 1.4 alternator changed but the battery voltage output is too high.its above 15.what could be the problem? ...and ist bad for my car..please someone help me

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - RT

Seems like the regulator circuits within the alternator has failed - it should be 14.4-14.8 volts with the engine running.

Get to a good auto electrician - they can test it and supply/fit a replacement alternator cheaper than a Ford dealer.

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - elekie&a/c doctor

The focus alternator smart charge system will allow thw battery to charge up to approx 15.2 volts for short periods depending on load and battery condition.Monitor the voltage over a period to se if it stabilises at around 14.2 volts.Also it is important that a calcium type battery is fitted.hth

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - jc2

Two things:-

1.What voltage is shown with ignition off?

2.Try another voltmeter before before you do anything else.

thanks a lot JC2

oryt....thanks a lot...i appreciate

thanks a lot.....i appreciate it

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - xtrailman

Buy a plug in volt meter that's what I use to monitor my Mazda CX-5 votage while driveing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-Lighter-Voltage-Voltmeter-BuyinCoins/dp/B0092KVYGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390403028&sr=8-1&keywords=LCD+Cigarette+Lighter+Voltage+Digital+Panel+Meter+Volt

I get upto 15Volts.

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - skidpan

Buy a plug in volt meter that's what I use to monitor my Mazda CX-5 votage while driveing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cigarette-Lighter-Voltage-Voltmeter-BuyinCoins/dp/B0092KVYGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390403028&sr=8-1&keywords=LCD+Cigarette+Lighter+Voltage+Digital+Panel+Meter+Volt

I get upto 15Volts.

I got exactly the same one from the same chap on e-bay, but only £1.99 posted.

Item number 390568181893

Ford Focus - PLEASE HELP.MY CAR BATTERY VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH.I5 - xtrailman

Yes i've got a couple, one for the car and caravan, price has progressivly gone since buying the first for £2.04.

I think they must be selling well, mine reads 0.1 volt low.