What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V - Nearly new CRV - Poor rectification work on ding - Matt A W

Hello all. Last week I took delivery of a 6 month old CRV which was dealer owned and immaculate in the showroom. I took delivery in the rain (groan!) and noticed a small 5 inch long 'ding' on the rear offside door as I got out of the car after driving it home. I contacted the dealer immediately who were perfectly ammicable and took the car back while leaving me a loan vehicle.

Now my expectation here was that their PDR guy would come along and have a go at removing the dent or at least make it slightly less obvious. I got nervous when several days later I chased the dealer up only to find the car had gone off to a 'one man band' bodyshop.

To my horror the car has clearly had both door doors partially resprayed and blended in but because the paint is pearlescent white it looks slightly the wrong tint from some angles particularly when not in the sun. It's a kind of blue white hue. Also I can see that the door trim wasn't removed to do this repair as there is a visible mask line and some orange peel. Clearly the car hasn't been handled by a proper bodyshop and presumably not a Honda approved repairer.

I'm not happy at all. I wish I hadn't bothered as the dent wasn't that noticeable but it wasn't there in the showroom I know for a fact and I'm sure anyone else would do the same. I guess access to the dent may have been a problem for PDR but I can't believe they did this without speaking to me first. I'm really fed up as this is an expensive car to me.

Do I have any rights here? As far as I can see the only options are a full bodyshop respray of the side given the pearly white paint or my money back. I did ring Honda customer care but they didn't seem to care less presumably because it is a used car and therefore the issue lies soley with the dealer.

Any advice from anyone who has dealt with a similar situation would be most greatfully received.

Matt.

Honda CR-V - Nearly new CRV - Poor rectification work on ding - Simon

Their 'one man band' bodyshop might well be some 'smart repair guy' using a tent in the corner of their forecourt one afternoon...

Honda CR-V - Nearly new CRV - Poor rectification work on ding - Matt A W
Yes I'm sure that's the case. To be fair the finish isn't bad really in daylight it's just the colour under certain light. It will just bug the hell out of me.