Ford Fiesta SaloonMkV 1400 - Ford Fiesta Mk V 1400cc, bonnet release - Phil S

Tried to open the bonnet of my son's Fiesta but we hit a problem. The primary release works ok but the safety release cable has broken. I think there should be a handle or something that pops out but that is missing. The bonnet lifts a bit when the main release is pulled and it may be that I can move a lever or use a hook to release the bonnet but I have no idea what to feel for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Ford Fiesta SaloonMkV 1400 - Ford Fiesta Mk V 1400cc, bonnet release - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

This can happen ('cos I've done it - more than once) if you pull the grill out to change a headlight bulb, say, and then you plug the grill back in without ensuring that the plastic release strap is lying on top of the grill (and not stuck behind it) before closing the bonnet. Just takes a bit of fiddling with a hook of some description to pull the plastic strap back over the top of the grill. You'll do it in a couple of minutes. It might even be possible, there may just be room, with the bonnet slightly up on its primary catch, to lift the grill upwards and out of its slots. But then again, there probably isn't!

Not the end of the world. Not right difficult, just a fiddle. And like me, you'll probable do it again, next time.