What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - andy 1.4 tdci

i have a 1.4tdci and is letting in air to the fuel. i have found the problem which is a pin hole in the corrugated inlet pipe to the fuel priming bulb. i have fixed this by fusing it over witha soldering iron! drastic i know and i suspect it wont last.

i have had a price (£101) for the whole fuel line assembly (part no.1501910) which is unecessary as it is only the 6 inches or so of pipe which is required.

my question is where can i get this pipe and how best is it removed and replaced from the fittings or failing that anyone know where i can get a better price.

thanks to all

ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - elekie&a/c doctor
I would think it is possible to cut out the section of damaged pipe and replace it with suitable flexible fuel pipe and some worm drive clips.hth
ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - The-Mechanic

Look at eBay :

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html/?_nkw=fuel%20primer%20bu...b

Loads on there, just choose one that matches the diameter of the pipework and has attached pipes either side of the bulb, cut the original bulb out and replace the whole primer, plus the damaged pipe.

Alternatively, try your local motor factors ? You will have to warm the pipe up in hot water to soften it for fitting and use hose clips to secure as a/c doc said.

Edited by The-Mechanic on 07/01/2014 at 07:35

ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - jc2

Having fused the hole shut,why not just put "Araldite" or similar over it.

ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - skidpan

Be very careful buying fuel pipe especially off e-bay. Modern fuels can (and do) eat away rubber pipes that do not have liners that will withstand the additives and Bio that modern fuels contain. A fuel leak under the bonnet is not a desirable feature.

ford fusion 1.4 tdci - air getting in fuel - andy 1.4 tdci

yes indeed or just put an insert in it! doh!

thanks