What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
53 Ford Modeo zetec estate - EATC stuck on auto - tamcox

Hello,

I have a problem in that the EATC is stuck on auto, which does not let me switch it off or switch off the AC, it also doesn't let me alter the fan speed either up or down or the temperature.The only thing that I have done is change the battery , but had a battery jumper pack attached to the battery leads so that I wouldn't lose the radio/cd codes,It hasn't been used for around 6 weeks and only noticed it yesterday. Any help or ideas as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. if a fuse has blowned would show these symptoms. I have only had the car for around 10 weeks.

Thanks

Tam

53 Ford Modeo zetec estate - EATC stuck on auto - elekie&a/c doctor

Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and try again.Sounds like the system has locked up.hth

53 Ford Modeo zetec estate - EATC stuck on auto - tamcox

Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and try again.Sounds like the system has locked up.hth

That what I did , left it for a hour and everything is fine. Thanks, I assumed that might have been the problem when I put a new battery on, I have learnt my lesson now,

Thanks

53 Update,Ford Modeo zetec estate - EATC stuck on auto - tamcox

Update, I thought it had fixed it, not sure what the problem is.

I have to turn the ignition off then back on to have a limited control. the fast scrren defrost button works where it directs all the air to the front screen, But you you press it again it wont turn back on again until you switch the ignition off and then back on again.