What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Fuzz.com
I have a focus 1.6 tdci sport (2007) and have heard a lot about turbo, dpf and egr failiures, should i be concerned, Ive not had any such problems with my car so for since I bought it in November this year. Is it best to go for a 1.6 petrol one than keeping the tdci until problems start arising, already Ive had to replace the fuel pump which had a broken seal and now Ive noticed the water is also dripping around the same area just below the fuel pump from a silver metal pipe junction.

Please advise... Thankx
Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Collos25

If services and repaired properly then they will last for years because most of the these cars start life as company vehicles which are mostly never serviced then passed on to private buyers to who pick up the pieces.

Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Oli rag

With the car being a recent buy, you might loose as much money changing it as you would keeping it.

If you do a lot of miles each year then the diesel was probably a good choice, but if you don;t and it's used for mainly short journey's it possibly wasn't.

There has been a lot written on here about problems with this engine, however this has to be considered against the millions sold, the vast majority of which have probably been ok.

I'm sure one of the ford lovers or haters will be along shortly to give you more info.

Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Fuzz.com

I do about 30 miles at average speed of about 50mph 4 days a week and some days I do motoway runs of 20 miles a day....will that be regaeration enough.

Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - galileo
water is also dripping around the same area just below the fuel pump from a silver metal pipe junction. Please advise... Thankx

Is this an aircon pipe? If so, may just be condensation.

Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Peter.N.

To give yourself peace of mind regarding turbo failure change the engine oil at least twice as often as recomended. I believe also there is a filter in the oil feed to the turbo on the PSA version of these engines removal of this filter is recomneded.

Ford focus1.6 tdci sport (2007) - 1.6 tdci sport (2007) DPF, Turbo and EGR problems - Collos25

For reference its a PSA built engine.

Ok sorry I'm probably getting this the wrong way but doesnt the filter help to remove unwanted stuff from entering the turbo, will removing it help?

Its definitely not an air con pipe coz the coolant level has dropped and have had to top up, it stopped for some weeks after I poured some stop leak into the coolant tank, but now its back dripping again. The water is actually coming from where the metal pipe joins the other metal housing, not sure if its the pump or not.

Its definitely not an air con pipe coz the coolant level has dropped and have had to top up, it stopped for some weeks after I poured some stop leak into the coolant tank, but now its back dripping again. The water is actually coming from where the metal pipe joins the other metal housing, not sure if its the pump or not.