What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Buying from a garage - discount? - smokie
Trying to buy a 2nd hand Focus, I want a good car somewhere between £4.5 and £6.5k.

If I go to a dealer, what kind of discount is reasonable to expect these days if you have No Trade In and No credit requirements? i.e. cash purchase. 10% too much or too little? (I realise that it may well depend on all kinds of factors, but a guideline would be helpful please).

And...by dealer I mean...anything frm a small indie to a Ford dealer.
Buying from a garage - discount? - Mark (RLBS)
Smokie,

We had exactly this discussion wihtin the last month. Try a search. I'd do it for you but I am somewhat busy. If you haven't found it, then I'll look later.

mark.
Sorry Mark - I don't recall the dicussion, and just searched with 150+ hits and couldn't find similar.

I should be being somewhat busy too, so I will search again properly later...

Thanks
Buying from a garage - discount? - Andrew-T
As an outsider, I would guess at a margin of £700-800, but this will vary a lot. You are asking for a cut of that amount.

Have a look at Fords of Winsford website (www.fow.co.uk) for an idea of what bread-and-butter cars cost at base prices.
Thanks Andrew, interesting site. There's even some within budget there! Shame it's so far away...