What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2007 VW Crafter 109ps Long Wheel Base Model - VW Crafter, have i made a Mistake? - Waynester

Guys

my band and I have been waiting so long for a van, we saved up hard, lots of gigs etc

bought one on Monday after looking around for Months

it is a 2007 VW Crafter with 130,482 Miles on it, FULL Service History, got it for £6300
well maintained, drives beautifully, few tiny rust spots which are being taken care of

I then read horror stories about Crafters and DPF`s etc etc etc

I daren't tell the guys as we all voted that we liked the van

it is currently having side windows put in and being fully insulated floor to ceiling for life on "the road" also having some nice comfy seats put in to carry the band in it and our musical gear

please tell me this van will be okay!! ? have we all made a mistake?
the Sprinters we looked at were way over budget and we liked the look of the Crafter

I have read positive reviews and negative reviews
we do about 25,000 miles a year, probably a bit less, van only used on Fridays and Saturdays mainly for gigs

any advice would be great

2007 VW Crafter 109ps Long Wheel Base Model - VW Crafter, have i made a Mistake? - Armitage Shanks {p}

If you all voted for it there is no need for you personally to feel too worried. You are all int it together, so to speak.

2007 VW Crafter 109ps Long Wheel Base Model - VW Crafter, have i made a Mistake? - craig-pd130

A majority of DPF problems are caused by short runs on speed-restricted urban roads, when the engine never gets a chance to warm up properly.

If you're doing 25K miles per year you'll be doing a good amount of journeys of more than 30 miles, I think you'll be fine.

I had an interesting chat with a taxi driver recently, his Skoda Octavia with DPF did nearly 250K miles before he sold it. He'd had no problems with the DPF, nor had any of his colleagues.