What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - pattypatty

Hello there,

I recently received a ticket roadside for careless driving. I admitted the offence roadside (although this was questionable as i was distressed). However, I went to the court house to pay the ticket in person at which time I was told there was a mistake with the fine on the ticket it states £100 and the lady told me it was coming up as £200 on the system. She also said this could mean my ticket is void and i would need to go away until the next day when she would call me.

it is the next day now and she has left me a voicemail saying the police had sent through the information again but the same thing was happening and it would take a few days to sort out.

But now I am thinking... surely this means my ticket is invalid? If the police officer made this mistake on my ticket what other mistakes has he made in my case?

Any help would be much appreciated. I am thinking about calling the lady at the court back today and saying that I am unhappy and it seems very odd to me.

Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - Dwight Van Driver

The Fixed Penalty Order 2013 as amended brought in the authority to issue FPN for careless driving which previously could only be dealt with at a Court.

The Fixed Penalty (Amendment) Order 2013 Para 2 Item 1 states that the penalty for this is £100 and RTOffenders Avt 1988 )as amended 3 points.

dvd

Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - pattypatty

thanks for your response. I understand that but there has been a clerical error somewhere... any other advice?

Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - Bromptonaut

You seem to accept the offence was committed and I suspect your chances of 'getting off' on a techicality like this (which seems like an IT or input lash up by the Court) is slim.

Give HMCTS another week to get their ducks in a row and try again.

Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - Dwight Van Driver

You admit the offence.

You have the option of paying the FPN and the matter over if you point out the fine is £100 to the Ticket Office and willing to pay.

If it is not resolved in 28 days then the ticket will be void and court action taken with a greater penalty than the FPN.

A minor clerical mistake on the ticket is no get out.

dvd

Ford - careless driving mistake on ticket with fine - martint123
A minor clerical mistake on the ticket is no get out.

dvd

It isn't even a clerical error on the ticket - which I take to be correct at £100. It seems to be a "computer error" at the court.

As DvD says, challenge it in court if you think the ticket is invalid

Edited by martint123 on 19/09/2013 at 12:37