What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nissan Note Mark 1 - A forgotten gem? - daveyK_UK

Hi,

considering one of the last of the current Nissan Notes (Mark 1's).

I like what I read and the test drive I had -

Chain cam engine

Decent mpg

Japanese manufacturer

Great space in side and seating position

Fantastic rear leg room for a smallsih car

High spec

Big discounts on the last cars out of the factory

What are peoples thoughts?

Edited by daveyK_UK on 14/09/2013 at 13:26

Nissan Note Mark 1 - A forgotten gem? - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find these are a re-badged Renault Modus ,so not quite the jap manufacturer.Not a bad motor,but engine bay very tight if you are a diy person.hth

Nissan Note Mark 1 - A forgotten gem? - Happy Blue!

I think you will find these are a re-badged Renault Modus ,so not quite the jap manufacturer.Not a bad motor,but engine bay very tight if you are a diy person.hth

Its not. The Modus may be a re-badged Note; the Note arrived first and has to all acccounts been as reliable as any other Japanese car. Somehow seems more grown up that the obvious comparable the Jazz and cannot see how it would be a mistake buying the last of the current model.

Edited by Happy Blue! on 14/09/2013 at 23:06

Nissan Note Mark 1 - A forgotten gem? - Falkirk Bairn

>>considering one of the last of the current Nissan Notes (Mark 1's).

A man with the same ideas as myself.

1966 bought my 1st car - old model - BIG discount and the gremlins hopefully fixed.

30 yrs of company cars

1995 / 2001 / 2007 / 2012 - old model, BIG discount - 17 yrs ownership and repairs under £100 per year (ex servicing, brakes, tyres etc)......and they were / are all Japanese (Jap/Jap). (Jap/USA) and (Jap/UK).

Mistake MB 1996 - it cost me a bundle!

Nissan Note Mark 1 - A forgotten gem? - carl_a

1995 / 2001 / 2007 / 2012 - old model, BIG discount - 17 yrs ownership and repairs under £100 per year (ex servicing, brakes, tyres etc)......and they were / are all Japanese (Jap/Jap). (Jap/USA) and (Jap/UK).

Mistake MB 1996 - it cost me a bundle!

Agreed. Always bought Japanese 1999, 2006, 2010 and apart from servicing, tyres and new wipers I've never spent a penny.

One mistake, a Mini in 2010. after 3 weeks of ownership I had to trade it in. Lost what my previous Japanese car had in 4.5 years from new.

Seems to work well with Korean now too, we bought my dad a Hyundai i30 a few months before the change in model. Only cost 65% of the new model.