Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - Mr Fox

I just had to change one rear tyre, that can't be more than 2 or 3 years old, at the absolute max, because the sidewall was perished.

It was quite obvious, can't understand what might mave affected only one tyre, all of them, have 6mm tread on.

Might it be the one that gets the most Sun & UV on it where the car's parked ??

Anyway have a look closely at yours, because if one lets go suddenly its not nice.

Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - dan86

Could possibly be a defective tyre mabe from a nad natch but them if all tjey tyres on your car were fitted at thevsame time it more than likely would have affected all four of them.

Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - Cyd

Could be the tyre was already old when it was fitted?

Have you tried approaching Conti? A friend had a similar problem with a pair of Dunlops, turned out they'd been on the shelf for about 6 years before fitting and they perished in less than 3. They got a good deal ona new pair.

Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - Mr Fox

Could be the tyre was already old when it was fitted?

Have you tried approaching Conti? A friend had a similar problem with a pair of Dunlops, turned out they'd been on the shelf for about 6 years before fitting and they perished in less than 3. They got a good deal ona new pair.

Its a leased car, so I didn't have to pay for the new one, otherwise I'd be in Kwik fit jumping up and down like a zulu on a hot tin roof.

Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - bathtub tom

If you've still got the tyre, you can check its age from its DOT code.

Go to 'DOT codes and the 6-year shelf life': www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Vw Passat CC - Perished Continental tyre - John Boy

If you've still got the tyre, you can check its age from its DOT code.

Go to 'DOT codes and the 6-year shelf life': www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Thanks for that link, BT. CarBibles strikes me as a great website. I particularly liked the section on automatic transmission.