What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - BirkyBoy

I bought this beastie in March 2012 and exported it to Cyprus. No complaints as running and maintenance costs here are tolerable.

However as I don't have a handbook, can anyone explain the function of the centre instrument of the top of dashboard threesome. It has an outside temp gauge, but the "S" button at the bottom right of the instrument doesn't seem to make any sense. It just changes the flashing S to E to W (points of the compass? where is "N"?) and counts from 0 to 15 and back in steps of 5.

Bizarre!!.

PS anyone know where I can download a free manual - in pdf would be fine - or am wanting the cake etc

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - Bobbin Threadbare

www.gobookee.net/mitsubishi-shogun-workshop-manual/

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - bathtub tom

I thought it seemed too good to be true, they want your credit card details before letting you download.

Anyone used them who give an idea of the cost (or if it's a scam)?

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - SteveLee

Set up a bit torrent server on an old PC, you'll find anything you want in the bit torrent world - free of charge.

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - jc2

Isn't it an "inclinometer"?;shows what angle car is at-either fore/aft or side to side.

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - BirkyBoy

Yes on some models. This one is not.

It ia round digital thing with a button marked "s" near the bottom right.

This gives the opportunity to change the display to read either E, S or W (no N so I don't think it is a compass.

I have no idea what the function is, as repeated pressing of the "s" button makes the E, S or W wizz round the circular display or flash on and off.

..............baffling

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - skidpan

Perhaps if you posted on a Shogun forum you would find a member with both an electronic handbook and the knowledge of what the mystery dial is.

Does it look like this:

http://www.mitzybitz.com/wp-content/uploads/imported/MITSUBISHI-L200-COMPASS-BATTERY-GAUGE-DASH-Pod-MR240246-120848689997.jpg

If so I would guess its possibly a compass despite the lack of an N.

skidpan - yes that's the one in the middle. I was wondering how to post a photo of it myself, but you beat me to it...........

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - Bobbin Threadbare

I thought it seemed too good to be true, they want your credit card details before letting you download.

Anyone used them who give an idea of the cost (or if it's a scam)?

Sorry OP. I thought I'd found a free one. I found loads of PDFs of Pajeros and some other Mitsubishi vehicles. Maybe they have to be quite old before they get on the web for free.

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - christo

The instrument that you are describing is an electrinic compass - I have the same vehicle with a handbook! According to the handbook the compass shows the position of the vehicle by the 16 azimuth system when the ignition is placed in the on position. That means that you have N,S,E,W, travel direction indication, each graduation = 22.5 degrees. Basically the compass rotates to show you the direction that your truck is going.

If the compass is not working correctly (if you have taken it overseas...) it will probably start flashing and not read correctly. To reset it, press the adjustment button marked S to the lower right of the compass for 1 second. Now turn the vehicle through 360 degrees (say in a quiet carpark or field etc). This should reset the compass and return it to normal operation.

If you are still struggling, I can scan the relevant pages and e mail them to you.

Best Regards. Christo

Excellent work Christo.

Now we are making some good progress.

I'll try what you suggest. I'll let you know the result soon.

Hi Christo

I did as you suggested and now have a perfectly functioning digital compass - Hoorah !!

Thank you very much.

(Back to the general audience)

Thank you to everyone else for their interest with this one.

Er.....while we are on a roll:

If I attempt to stop the factory alarm "bleep / bleep" which operates each time I use the remote locking button, will it cause problems? ie anti-tamper devices etc etc?

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport (Trojan) 2500TD (2006) - Lack of owners handbook - christo

Well done BirkyBoy, glad to be of help. That's what we're here for!

Re the alarm 'characteristic' - if it works don't mess with it, especially if you don't have a works manual!

Best Regards, Christo

Yep. Wise words.

Thanks once again.