What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Mk3 2007 2 ltr TDCi - Radio in one hour mode - timbo5

Could anyone help please? The problem I have is that the radio is permanently in 'one hour' mode. All the fuses are intact. If you disconnect the radio and reconnect it works normally for 3 or 4 switches of the ignition then reverts to one hour mode. I've changed the radio then Ford technical said it was the GEM module which I changed but the problem persists. Has anyone any ideas/experience with what this might be or if not could you point me to a good auto electronics engineer in the south of England.

Ford Mondeo Mk3 2007 2 ltr TDCi - Radio in one hour mode - Galaxy

I have the identical car as you, albeit a petrol version, but the radio will be the same. The only time my radio will go into the 1 hour mode is if I am just sitting in the car without the ignition switched on. If I hit the volume control, which is also the on/off switch, then it will go into one hour mode. I've never know the radio to go into 1 hour mode any other time.

You say you've already changed the radio itself, which would have been my first thought. The only other possibility I can think of is a fault in the ignition switch, but, if this is the case, then it must be intermittent.

Sorry, I can't offer any further help.

Ford Mondeo Mk3 2007 2 ltr TDCi - Radio in one hour mode - Collos25

Its lost a 12v supply either fuse hase blown or a bad connection.

Ford Mondeo Mk3 2007 2 ltr TDCi - Radio in one hour mode - timbo5

Many thanks for your thoughts on this. The consensus is that the switched live feed through the ignition switch must be failing, so I think you are on the right track. Thanks again.