What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda FRV - Sudden revving - sumeya

My honda FRV broke down whilst driving on the motorway. it was on cruise control and all of sudden began revving on its own and smoke was coming out og exhaust. we pulled over and switched off the engine. the car revved again fiercly, while switched off and a blinding amount of smoke came out.

honda are not fixing the problem , altjough the car is under warranty and they are blaming us for the damage.

please can anyone help.

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - madf

Impossible to answer without

Car year

Engine type

mileage

service history.

Edited by madf on 19/07/2013 at 15:10

Impossible to answer without

Car year

Engine type

mileage

service history.

hi, thanks, its a 56 plate, 2.2 cdti diesel with a full service history done by honda. last serviced at 56000. current milege 58825.

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - Peter D

What engine and what damage. Regards Peter

diesel 2.2cdti

engine was flooded with oil and diesel, bone washed

no compression turbo gone

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - Peter D

This is typical of a failed Turbo pouring oil into the intercooler and the engine running on excess oil. If it has been regualrly serviced why are Honda not repairing the damage. I suggest you contact Honda UK. Regards Peter

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - raysheppard

turbo faults are caused by poor maintance or the wrong oil used ,if the car has not been serviced by honda the wanrranty is void ,a second hand turbo is a good and cheaper way to fix your problem .ray.

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - galileo

turbo faults are caused by poor maintance or the wrong oil used ,if the car has not been serviced by honda the wanrranty is void ,a second hand turbo is a good and cheaper way to fix your problem .ray.

The poster says "no compression" so more needed than a turbo.

Honda FRV - Sudden revving - raysheppard

but who told you that there is no compression .there is a lot of work to test the compression on a diesel engine ,i dont think honda would have done that ,if they know the turbo had blown .they would want to put a new engine in it ,ray .