What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - Ilanleshem

Hello John

We do approx 10 k miles in a year, we have seen a car we love which is the

Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE 2007

Can someone please confirm if this has DPF fitted or not, i have searched everywhere and cant find the answer, need to know asap as i want to buy this model soon and know about DPF issues

Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - mike hannon

There are two on-line Accord forums with the answers you need.

Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - Robbie
The I-CTDI does not have a DPF. It is only the later I-DTEC engine that has a DPF.
Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - daveyK_UK

I thought these 2.2 diesels where not as reliable as you would expect from a honda?

Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - balleballe

Compared to their ultra reliable Petrols, they are not as reliable

Compared to most European manufacturers of diesels - they are on par

Honda Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX EXECUTIVE - DPF question please please help - likerocks

Confirmed - no DPF on any i-CDTI or any other diesel honda until iDTEC around 2008.

As an owner, I thoroughly recommend the model. Provided it has been well maintained there is very little likely to go wrong. Any weak spots that there were largely sorted by the 2006 facelift.