What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Elle - MOT - Troutty

If I get 2 MOT Certificates within the space of a month, the first a pass, the second a fail, does the second one automatically supercede the first?

Ford Focus Elle - MOT - Galaxy

No, the first one is still valid.

However, should plod decide to pull you over for a vehicle inspection this still won't prevent you from being prosecuted for driving a defective vehicle, if that is what the inspectors determine. The MOT is only a definitive condition of a vehicle at the time of inspection. I theory, you could be driving out of the testing centre and still be "done".

Why would you take a second MOT test if the result of the first was a pass? Some sort of dispute, I would guess.

Ford Focus Elle - MOT - Troutty

No, the first one is still valid.

However, should plod decide to pull you over for a vehicle inspection this still won't prevent you from being prosecuted for driving a defective vehicle, if that is what the inspectors determine. The MOT is only a definitive condition of a vehicle at the time of inspection. I theory, you could be driving out of the testing centre and still be "done".

Why would you take a second MOT test if the result of the first was a pass? Some sort of dispute, I would guess.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes a long boring story but a dispute just about sums it up. I had an advisory on the first MOT "rear number plate deteriorated but not likiely to be misread". I bought a deal from one of those shopping outlets. Motto if it seems to good to be true it probably is. Anyway I have settled for a valet as opposed to a collect and return MOT from the same Company and having looked them up at Companies House they worry me and I feel they would have failed my car out of spite.

Ford Focus Elle - MOT - Avant

Just buy a new rear numberplate - quite cheap - and drive without worry.