What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
After market car mats - WIA

I want to get a set of fitted car mats for a Honda Jazz and would appreciate any feedback and reccomendations for make & supplier etc. The ones available from Honda seem expensive and the carpet pile does not look to be of very good quality

After market car mats - FP

I have used cheapo car mats such as those available from Wilkinson and supermarkets with many cars now and just throw them away when they look tatty. They stop the carpet getting messed up and worn out and that's all you need, in my view.

After market car mats - Collos25

Buy fitted mats of ebay all sorts of quality and prices to choose from.

After market car mats - 72 dudes

Try the following:

mrcarmats.com

matsunique.co.uk

carmats4u.com

I bought a set each for 2 of my cars 2 years ago, but I can't remember where; I think it was the first of these. Very happy with the fit and finish. I ordered Luxury for one and Premium for the other, both good.

You can choose colour, thickness, pile, edge colour and edge design.

Or if you're not bothered about tailored, Wilkinsons probably best bet.

After market car mats - Hamsafar

I got mine from www.valuecarmats.com and am pleased with them.

After market car mats - 72 dudes

No offence Hamsafar, but the ones you mention are a totally different quality. Yes, they will be tailored to fit, but the material looks the same as the £9.99 ones you can get from various low cost retail outlets.

Great if you want basic mats though

After market car mats - corax

I got a set from simplycarmats.co.uk for my Forester. You can choose from three different qualities and border colour e.t.c

I'm very happy with mine.

After market car mats - guss

I would second ebay . You can get original manufacturers mats quite cheaply . There are also lesser quality options but you have a choice

After market car mats - christo

Buy original quality mats from the dealer, they may well be reasonably priced. They will fit properly, look good and last well if looked after. Forget the cheap rubbish, they will not last as long, will not fit properly and will look cheap. And you will regret buying them.

After market car mats - Avant

Yer gets wot yer pays for.

The trouble with the cheap mats is that the driver's mat wears through where your right heel goes for most of the time - and then you have to buy a full set of 4 all over again.

After market car mats - nortones2

2nd that Avant! Other aspect is that the makers mats usually have a locating method. Loose "universal" mats tend to slide under the pedals.

After market car mats - Ethan Edwards

Easy enough to just buy two especially on Ebay, so no need to keep buying sets of 4 Avant..

Second I recently bought some Cannon Profile rubber mats from there and they are freaking heavy so no moving about. Great price too.

Third the concept of 'just basic mats' a poster mentioned. Please tell - whats defined as a basic mat. All I require from a mat is one that it cover the carpet and looks OK. You know just be well 'mat like'.

What else would one want? Do 'non basic' mats periodically leap up and wash the windows for you? Love to hear some definitions of these marvellous items.

After market car mats - Avant

There's a difference between basic and cheap.

Cannon go back a long way - I haven't heard of them for ages but as I remember they make tough mats that are basic (i.e. no frills) but good durable quality. 'Cheap' to me means inferior quality and less durable.

After market car mats - Falkirk Bairn

Buy the real thing! 20% off Their list price and free delivery

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2009-2013-jazz-accessories-c-24_414_666.html

I bought a full set of carpet mats, front only rubber mats for the winter and a boot liner for the CRV. From memory I was £184............my local Honda emporium's list prices was much higher than Cox and no discount. I also was sent a valeting pack foc - worth some £30+.

£184 was a lot for mats but a perfect fit, never move and after spending £20k on a new motor it was really not a lot.

After market car mats - Rochdale Pioneers

I used Mr Car Mats. Go with the poshest mats they do, the qualitu is great and the additional cost over their cheaper mats is worth it as they last longer.

After market car mats - monian

ww.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0&_nkw=honda+jazz+mats&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Here you go: loads and loads

After market car mats - Henry the 9th

You can get some excellent advice on this subject here:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=17548

After market car mats - MarkyB31

I want to get a set of fitted car mats for a Honda Jazz and would appreciate any feedback and reccomendations for make & supplier etc. The ones available from Honda seem expensive and the carpet pile does not look to be of very good quality

I've used Prestige Car Mat Company before for car mats for my Honda Jazz.. Very good quality and much cheaper than the ones offered by Honda.

Edited by Avant on 04/05/2018 at 20:00

After market car mats - argybargy

I was offered a set by Heavens Balshaw when I bought my car, but only if I agreed to give them a good review on Trustpilot. I simply couldn't manage such an outrageous fiction, so didn't get my mats.

I ordered a heavy duty rubber "fitted" set for my Jazz from Ebay, and although the fit isn't spot on, the quality is so good that it doesn't really matter. Think they cost about 20 quid.

Edit: not sure whether this is allowed, but here they are. Don't know why they describe the model fit as Mark 3, but the year parameters are definitely for a Mark 2.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Jazz-MK-III-2011-2014-Ful...3

Edited by argybargy on 06/05/2018 at 10:21

After market car mats - argybargy

The ones above are not the ones I bought. Good old Ebay's search engine gave me a bum steer when looking for the link.

Still, there's plenty of choice on there, so have a look. Good luck.

The xxxx are excellent quality

Edited by Avant on 25/03/2019 at 15:07

I've used Prestige Car Mat Company before for car mats for my Honda Jazz.. Very good quality and much cheaper than the ones offered by Honda.

The xxxx are excellent quality

Edited by Avant on 25/03/2019 at 15:07

After market car mats - Engineer Andy

They are excellent quality

Yes, Mr Spammer, you told us the first time. Reported to the mods.

After market car mats - expat

If you are buying a new car you can usually get a set of genuine makers mats thrown in for nothing. You just have to ask before you agree to purchase. The dealer pays peanuts for them and you pay top dollar if you buy them later.

After market car mats - Andrew-T

If you are buying a new car you can usually get a set of genuine makers mats thrown in for nothing. You just have to ask before you agree to purchase. The dealer pays peanuts for them and you pay top dollar if you buy them later.

Buying (moderately) used from a franchised dealer it is my habit (not that it happens often) to get mats and a touch-up pen thrown in the deal. Even buying a set later over the counter is not 'top dollar' in context, and there are plenty of sources on Ebay.

After market car mats - alan1302

Buying (moderately) used from a franchised dealer it is my habit (not that it happens often) to get mats and a touch-up pen thrown in the deal. Even buying a set later over the counter is not 'top dollar' in context, and there are plenty of sources on Ebay.

Official mats are not normally cheap even on eBay

After market car mats - Andrew-T

< Official mats are not normally cheap even on eBay >

Probably not, but that wasn't what I was suggesting, sorry.

After market car mats - FoxyJukebox

For a really cheap solution, either get a colour matched piece of carpet remnant and cut/template using your current mat or do what I did the other day-buy a couple of black rubber mats and do the same thing.

To ensure they don't budge/move around-if necessary make(goodge!) holes that will allow the new mats to nicely fit/slot onto the floor fitting if your Honda has these.

Yes-The trouble with Value Mats etc--is they wear and give way around the heel--however --if you are selling your car and wanting it to look as though you have spent a nice sum on some new look flooring--then they look good for a month or three!

After market car mats - edlithgow

For a really cheap solution, either get a colour matched piece of carpet remnant and cut/template using your current mat or do what I did the other day-buy a couple of black rubber mats and do the same thing.

Yeh, I can usually scrounge something up if I keep my eyes open. In the past I've cut them from offcuts of large section lay-flat irrigation hose, in a rice-field near you.

Well, maybe not you, but me.

Conveyor-belting too, though that's a bit heavy.

They don't seem to move around much. If they did I'd probably wire them through the floor drains.