What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Car security - SCSScarsecurity

Welcome to All,

I would like to invite all memmbers of this forum to take a part in my car security survey. This survey will take approx 2 minutes of your time. It is totally free.

Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6299NKF

Thank you to all who took a part !!

Safe driving !!!

Car security - belucky22

What is the purpose of the survey ?

How do we know it's safe and secure ?

Not a negative response but need to know before using the link.

Edited by belucky22 on 30/04/2013 at 13:26

Hi,

The purpose of this survey is to research the market, get the customers opinion.

This survey is 100 % secure. there is no need to input any personal details. I am only asking for your time and honest answers.

Regards,

SCSS car security

Car security - RT

The survey may well be genuine but the lack of detail and the number of virus-ridden scam postings that appear on most forums with monotonous regularity makes it wise to avoid responding.

Car security - thunderbird

Surveymonkey.com is fine, we use it at work regularly but some of the questions needed more thought. e.g. Q. How many times have you had your car stolen, A. more than once but less than three times, excuse me but why not simply say twice.

This is my first ever survey so any suggestions are more than welcome :)

Surveymonkey.com is fine. No viruses or obligations to sign up.

Car security - belucky22

Just done the survey and as you say it's fine. Thanks to other posters for their reassurance.

No problems. Best wishes for future success.

Thank you belucky22 for taking part .

Car security - bathtub tom

Are electronical and blocade words?

Car security - John Boy

Question 6 doesn't take account of a person who has had more than one car - one which has a factory-fitted immobiliser and another which doesn't, but the person has used a steering wheel device instead.

... or I've misunderstood?

Car security - unthrottled

Aftermarket security made sense 25 years ago when most cars could be hotwired. Nowadays, immobilisers are pretty tough to beat for the casual thief.

Yes, we've all seen the youtube video of a BMW being started with a laptop, but even with the right software, the process wasn't that quick.

Most mechanical locks can be opened with locksmiths' tools quietly and quickly. Best anti-theft device is to park next to a more desireable car!

Car security - Trilogy
. Best anti-theft device is to park next to a more desireable car!

Unthrottled, for you, that is every car!

Car security - jamie745

The unintended consequence of making cars so hard to steal is you're now far more likely to be held up at knifepoint upon stepping onto your driveway than you were 20 years ago.

Yes! And my car has never been stolen which 'proves' that the system works!

Thank you all for your opinions. I can see that my topic started a small discussion.

Let me clarify something: when a gang is after a one model/type of car they will steal it eventually. Most of cars now are beeing stolen for parts. Parts are up to 3 times more expensive selling apart then the whole car.

And yes electronic devices protect your car however they not guarantee that your car will be left where you have parked it. Thiefs having toys to allow them to steal a car with an alarm in just 3 minutes ( or less). As most electronic devices, they need power adaptor to run them. Thief just need to cut off the power and entry or even starting the car isn't such a problem. Most of mechanical protections are "giving up" when use a bit of force on them.

What is in your opinion the best car security protection ?

Regards,

SCSS - car security

The best deterrent is having a car that no one wants to steal!

Sorry to sound trite. But any car can be put on a low-loader trailer in a matter of seconds (depending on where the car is parked of course). No mechanical or electronic device can do much against this.

The best deterrent is having a car that no one wants to steal!

Sorry to sound trite. But any car can be put on a low-loader trailer in a matter of seconds (depending on where the car is parked of course). No mechanical or electronic device can do much against this.

I agree, any car can be pulled into a trailer. But it isn't that easy as it sounds. First you car needs to be parked in straight line. Second, away from any obstracles. Third, parked in a dark place where thiefs can easily prepare the car for towing/lifting. It isn't as easy as you think it is. All of this would take a thief 5-10 min and a lot of noise. It is not worth for most of car criminals.

You will have to have NO car than you could sleep with your head clear :)

Every car it is a potential target for thiefs. The more you do to make thiefs life harder to steal your car the safer your car becomes. Simple !

A car can be put on to castors very quickly. If you saw a gang of men wearing hi-viz jackets loading a car onto a flatbed, you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid. Lock picking tools and a modicum of skill will defeat most mechanical locks in short order. The most cost effective security is built into the car ie the immobiliser.

Car security - BigJohnD

A car can be put on to castors very quickly. If you saw a gang of men wearing hi-viz jackets loading a car onto a flatbed, you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Very true.

Then they throw a tarpaulin over it so the car won't be recognised by ANPR.

30 minutes later the car's either being reduced to parts for resale or in a container and off to somewhere import checks are weak.

Car security - jamie745

. If you saw a gang of men wearing hi-viz jackets loading a car onto a flatbed, you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid

I would if it were my car.

Car security - 1litregolfeater

Welcome to HowToStealACar.co. ,Uk

Think I may roller my next door neighbours round the back later tonight, she's too daft to notice, still votes labour

Please write stuff how to prevent stealing a car not how to steal it ! :-)

Tell us what car security device did you use before ? How much did it cost ? How happy you were with it ?

Regards,