What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Galaxy - Air Con failure on Ford Galaxy Ghia - error codes - GDF

I have a flashing climate control display on start up on my 56 reg Galaxy Ghia. While flashing, what I presime is an error code of 88 is displayed in several places. The air con seems to have stopped working although the blowers etc work. I am in France and the language problems will make it difficult to discuss with a French garage. Does anyone know how I can find out if this is an error code and what it means?

Ford Galaxy - Air Con failure on Ford Galaxy Ghia - error codes - elekie&a/c doctor

A flashing display on the climate panel is indicative of a fault within the system.The flashing 88 is not an error code,just the full segment display.Most common issues with this is lack of refrigerant gas in the system and thus no pressure.Take it to one of the Clima/Norauto service centres.hth

Ford Galaxy - Air Con failure on Ford Galaxy Ghia - error codes - GDF

Many thanks for the advice.

Ford Galaxy - Air Con failure on Ford Galaxy Ghia - error codes - injection doc

If the pump has faile don one of these they need the pipework removed and cleaned thorughly otherwise a replacement pump will fail again ! common problem on these.