What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fiesta - powersteering - freman

I understand that the Fiesta now has electric power steering. Do these have similar problems to that fitted to those on the Nissan & Fiat cars ?

ford fiesta - powersteering - veloster

what are the problems on nissan and fiat power steering ??

ford fiesta - powersteering - Collos25

They are very expensive to repair when they go wrong.

ford fiesta - powersteering - Peter.N.

I would imagine so.

ford fiesta - powersteering - TeeCee

That probably depends on whether it's an electrically-assisted rack like, say, an MGF or takes the Nissan approach of the electric assistance being part of the steering column, so the whole column assembly has to be replaced when it goes pear-shaped.

ford fiesta - powersteering - freman

Thank you TeeCee,have you any idea which system is fitted to Fiestas ?

I am thinking about buying a Fiesta, it will be second hand & I did not want to be lumbered with a replacement unit of Nissan proportions

ford fiesta - powersteering - veloster

but how often do these things go wrong,,i have not heard of any major problems with fiat or nissan power steering,,yes i know somebody will come back and say this and that can go wrong and it will be expensive to fix,but what is the likely hood of this happening..

ford fiesta - powersteering - Collos25

I would have thought just about every small car produced nowadays has some type of electric assistance on the steering,