What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - How long is a Ford Dealer repair guaranteed for? - BristolMark

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me how long a repair carried out at a Ford Dealership is good for?

I can't find any details on the Ford website.

The repair in question did not, as far as I am aware, involve the replacement of a part. The fault was found when the car was still under its 3 year warranty, but was fixed a few days after the warranty expired (it was fixed for free, as it was found during the warrantee period).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ford Mondeo - How long is a Ford Dealer repair guaranteed for? - veloster

i would say the car is now out of warranty so the repair is no longer guaranteed,,

Ford Mondeo - How long is a Ford Dealer repair guaranteed for? - Dorset123

In law if you don,t pay for a repair you are not entitled to a warranty on that repair.

So if you have a "goodwill gusture repair" make sure that you pay something then you are entitled to a warranty on that repair.

Ford Mondeo - How long is a Ford Dealer repair guaranteed for? - coopshere

Generally repairs made under warranty dont extend beyond the original warranty period. As the repair was made because it was found during the warranty period then it should still be looked at as it has not been fixed. If the repair was recent and carried out through the warranty and the fault has returned then I would speak nicely to the dealer and ask for them to look at it again, if they wont then at least you will know not to use that dealer again.

As I understand it the Ford Manufacturers warranty is only for one year, the extra two years is a dealer warranty so may not be quite as comprehenive.

Edited by coopshere on 28/03/2013 at 22:04

Ford Mondeo - How long is a Ford Dealer repair guaranteed for? - jc2

If you pay for a part to be fitted,it has a one year warranty-however,parts fitted under warranty-free-are only guaranteed within the warranty period.ie.if a part was replaced after 2 years & 364 days,it would be covered for one day!