Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class, Peugeot 307sw - Insurance - masblay
Both these cars are lhd as we have just returned from living in France. We have the maximum 50% discount on French insurance but as we will be spending 7/8 months a year from now on in the uk we would like to get uk insurance. Does anybody know of an insurer who will take into account our previous French insurance history or do we have to swallow high premiums from the outset?
Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class, Peugeot 307sw - Insurance - Collos25

You need a letter from your French insurance stateing your no claims entitlement you may have to provide a translation in English.Most insurance companies in the UK will accept EU insurance company no claims I have done it both ways (Germany)with no problems at all.The left hand drive issue is a little bit of a concern will you change the headlights over and rear fog and reversing lights not forgetting a UK MOT certificated DVLA log book and number plates.Secondhand cars are so cheap in the UK compared with across the channel its not really worth bring a car back to the UK better to sell in France and buy in the UK.I have a amongst other things a German 307sw bought in Germany for €2200 worth in the UK around 900ukps a CLK of any age is worth very good money in Germany whereas they are quite cheap in the UK I suggest you look on Autotrader to get an idea of prices.Don´t forget also LHD cars may have a premium with UK insurance companies .

Edited by Collos25 on 14/03/2013 at 09:47

Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class, Peugeot 307sw - Insurance - masblay
Thank you, that is quite helpful. In all probability we will keep the clk but take up your suggestion of disposing of the 307 in France.