What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vauxhall Combo Life - Combo Life - Front seats don't fully recline - peanutstew

Hi

I'm looking for a new car and the Combo Life ticks all the boxes except for one thing.... The front seats only recline part way (maybe around 45 degree angle at the lowest?). We often go away for short breaks in the car and sleep in the front, with the seats fully reclined. So without that we'd have to rule this model out.

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to the seats to allow them to fully recline?

The same is also true of the Citroen Berlingo, which is based on the same platform. So would probably also be true for the Peugeot Rifter, which again is based on the same platform.

Many thanks

Vauxhall Combo Life - Combo Life - Front seats don't fully recline - elekie&a/c doctor
I’m guessing because it’s a van with windows, the seats wouldn’t need to fully recline. It’s unlikely it would be possible to change the set up.
Vauxhall Combo Life - Combo Life - Front seats don't fully recline - Andrew-T

If this van has a saloon/hatch equivalent you may be able to change the seats ?

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that the "Life" version is the MPV, available in either 5 or 7 seater versions. That's what we're looking at, not the van.

Ta

Vauxhall Combo Life - Combo Life - Front seats don't fully recline - paul 1963

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that the "Life" version is the MPV, available in either 5 or 7 seater versions. That's what we're looking at, not the van.

Ta

There the same thing, couple of extra seats in the back, bit of extra trim etc and you've turned a van into a mpv......

OK, thanks. So it's not looking likely then that it can be changed. Gutted. Back to the drawing board I guess. Not as ideal but also considering the Dacia Jogger....

Vauxhall Combo Life - Combo Life - Front seats don't fully recline - Andrew-T

Just checked my Pug 207SW : driver's seat (and presumably passenger's) reclines fully, landing against the rear seats. Not fully horizontal, but probably usable as a bed if needed ?