2008 2.0L Petrol Automatic Duratec C-Max - 2008 2.0L Auto Duratec C-Max Water Pump + Belt - Witcher1979

Hi,

I have a whining noise coming from the drive belt area of the car, the car has done 77k so it is due a new belt plus water pump. I have heard these are pretty easy to change on these cars, I am handy with tools so I am confident I can to this with a guide. Problem I am having is I can't seem to find any guides/videos or pictures on doing this for this car model.

Does anyone have and guides/videos for this?

Many Thanks in advance.

2008 2.0L Petrol Automatic Duratec C-Max - 2008 2.0L Auto Duratec C-Max Water Pump + Belt - elekie&a/c doctor
The whining noise could be coming from anything driven from the poly vee belt . There’s a lot of rotating parts on the front end . You need to get the belt off to establish what’s going on . Have you looked at similar age focus models for installation instructions? More or less the same set up

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 26/05/2024 at 14:12

2008 2.0L Petrol Automatic Duratec C-Max - 2008 2.0L Auto Duratec C-Max Water Pump + Belt - Chris M

Have you tried a Haynes manual?

Available (used) from £3.44 with free postage on a certain auction site.

2008 2.0L Petrol Automatic Duratec C-Max - 2008 2.0L Auto Duratec C-Max Water Pump + Belt - John F

I would spray it with water when it's running and whining. If the whine stops, it's probably the belt. If it doesn't, it's possibly coming from a tired bearing of something it drives.