What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - swansea_karl

Hi all

I went to test drive a 1.0 TSI Scala. I noticed when in traffic lights there was a slight vibration in the cabin. Once you take your foot off the clutch the stop start kick in, and the engine cuts out until you drive off. The salesman said it was due to the 3 cylinder engine. Other than that. I was impressed how the car drove, punchy and smooth. Nicer than a similar Astra.

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - Bromptonaut

Not the Scala but my son's partner's family have a similarly powered Fabia which definitely has a slightly odd beat at idle. So do several other 3 cylinder jobs I've experienced as courtesy cars or similar.

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - daveyK_UK
The consensus is the 1.5 tsi engine is a better unit to live with but the 1.0 tsi is fine

Sadly none at my local Skoda dealer, the salesman said they were quite a bit more expensive. Only one 1.5 locally in a smaller garage and id prefer to buy from a dealer for peace of mind.

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - skidpan

You said you had settled on one and were waiting to collect, what went wrong?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/195871/skoda-scala...e

Hi all

I went to test drive a 1.0 TSI Scala. I noticed when in traffic lights there was a slight vibration in the cabin. Once you take your foot off the clutch the stop start kick in, and the engine cuts out until you drive off. The salesman said it was due to the 3 cylinder engine. Other than that. I was impressed how the car drove, punchy and smooth. Nicer than a similar Astra.

Bit confused. Are you saying that with the engine stopped the car vibrates? something wrong if it does.

But if its with the engine running its probably perfectly normal for a 3 cylinder engine. The Fabia seems to have a heavy flywheel (very little engine braking) to smooth it out but there is still a little "disturbance" at idle. Compared to the 3 cylinder Nissan Note we had its non-existent.

What age, miles etc is the Scala? Not sure if they have a DMF fitted and these are expensive to sort.

17k 2022 Scala from my local dealer.

17k 2022 Scala from my local dealer.

Try another at a different garage, if the experience is the same you should be OK, if not walk away, plenty more out there, not a rare car.

The only other Scalas locally are the 1.5 TSI. No 1.0 TSI.

The only other Scalas locally are the 1.5 TSI. No 1.0 TSI.

Go further away then. Its only going to cost you a bit of fuel to put your mind at rest. Reading a forum will never do that.

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - badbusdriver

A 3 cyl engine will always feel slightly unbalanced at idle/low revs. Might seem odd/concerning/alarming for a 3 pot "newbie", but it isn't a problem and nothing to worry about!

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - Maxime.

I had a 3cyl Kia. Nice fruity exhaust sound seemed wobbl at tickover but fine.

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - badbusdriver

Our next car, due imminently, is a 3 cyl, probably the same engine (1.0 turbo Hyundai Bayon). A couple of previous cars have also been 3 pots, but I've driven absolutely loads of others. I also love the exhaust note!

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - RT

Our next car, due imminently, is a 3 cyl, probably the same engine (1.0 turbo Hyundai Bayon). A couple of previous cars have also been 3 pots, but I've driven absolutely loads of others. I also love the exhaust note!

I had a 3-cylinder Citroen C1 as a runaround for 3 years - the exhaust note reminded me of the '60/70s MGB - a bit uncouth but quite acceptable.

I think it could be as i have never drived a 3 cyl before.

Apart from that the car drived beautifully

Anyone drive a 1.0 TSI Skoda Scala? - FiestaOwner
The consensus is the 1.5 tsi engine is a better unit to live with but the 1.0 tsi is fine

I regularly drive a Golf with the 1.5 TSi and my Ibiza with the 1.0 TSi. If the 1.0 has the power (& performance) you want, I wouldn't consider going for the (more expensive) 1.5

I've never noticed a vibration issue with mine.

As suggested, I'd try another 1.0TSi to see if it does the same.

Edited by FiestaOwner on 15/10/2023 at 07:55