What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiat 600e - George - Adampr

I see there is a review of the latest electric Fiat on the homepage. I've not yet read the review, but was struck by how much the 'face' of the car looks like George from Rainbow. I don't imagine it's going to be very popular here..

Fiat 600e - George - Sofa Spud

The new Fiat 600e has something 'Mini' about it.

I've never been a fan of retro styling. Even Morgan had a go, with their Aero 8, despite the much prettier traditional Morgan styling that inspired it still being in production at the time - and continues to this day.

Edited by Sofa Spud on 07/10/2023 at 22:45

Fiat 600e - George - daveyK_UK

I've never been a fan of retro styling. Even Morgan had a go, with their Aero 8, despite the much prettier traditional Morgan styling that inspired it still being in production at the time - and continues to this day.

The range looks decent, if they price it competitively it may sell in decent numbers. I read there is a re badged Jeep version?

The range looks decent, if they price it competitively it may sell in decent numbers. I read there is a re badged Jeep version?

I should think so. They make the 500x and the Jeep Renegade in the same factory out of lany of the same bits

Fiat 600e - George - alan1302

I see there is a review of the latest electric Fiat on the homepage. I've not yet read the review, but was struck by how much the 'face' of the car looks like George from Rainbow. I don't imagine it's going to be very popular here..

Thanks for that, now I have seen it I can't unsee it...will just have to hope they have a Zippy & Bungle to go with it now.

Fiat 600e - George - elekie&a/c doctor
Fiat 600e is a remodelled jeep avenger .
Fiat 600e - George - Ethan Edwards

It's another incarnation of the Stellantis platform. The drive train is common with the Corsa-e, Mokka-e, Peugeot 2008,208 Citroën eC4....55kwh or thereabouts battery fwd about 150bhp motor. Nothing wrong with that at all.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Modular_Platform

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 08/10/2023 at 13:20

Fiat 600e - George - daveyK_UK
I honestly can’t believe how dreadful the latest corsa is, it has made the GM corsa’s look brilliant in comparison.

I can only assume the 208 is equally as bad as the corsa is no more than a rebadged cheaper 208.

I can’t recall a model of vehicle taking such a step backwards, I would genuinely rather have one of the last of the GM previous shape corsas than the current one.
Fiat 600e - George - Ethan Edwards

Really? I drove a 72plate Corsa-e last week and it wasn't bad at all. I preferred my Mokka-e as I felt the ride was smoother and it was quieter. But had I been coming to it from an ICE car probably wouldn't have picked up on it.

Driving an EV has really brought home how noisy smelly and rough even the nicest ICE cars are by comparison. And in 40plus years driving I've driven a LOT of them, including German ones.

Really? I drove a 72plate Corsa-e last week and it wasn't bad at all. I preferred my Mokka-e as I felt the ride was smoother and it was quieter. But had I been coming to it from an ICE car probably wouldn't have picked up on it.

Driving an EV has really brought home how noisy smelly and rough even the nicest ICE cars are by comparison. And in 40plus years driving I've driven a LOT of them, including German ones.

As I've mentioned before, I had a Corsa-e for a couple of years. The interior is not amazing and the rear seats are very cramped. Other than that, I liked it very much.

Fiat 600e - George - Engineer Andy

Not exactly a car that would appear to the vast majority of men.

Fiat 600e - George - Big John

was struck by how much the 'face' of the car looks like George from Rainbow.

I was thinking Penelope Pitstop myself? or am I showing my age!

Edited by Big John on 09/10/2023 at 22:58