Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - eustace

Hi,

We have recently moved to Colchester.

Any recommendations for a reliable independent garage, particularly in the Highwoods / Myland area?

Thanks

Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - _

AP engineering.

Davy close Colchester

Off greenstead rd

Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - eustace

Thank you. I will check them out.

Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - badbusdriver

I'm not from the area, nor am I familiar with it, but Googling "garage services Colchester" throws up plenty of options, with reviews.

Shaikly Motor Company seems pretty well regarded with a rating of 4.8 (out of 5) over 260 reviews.

Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - _

The other one my neighbour uses is simply services in the corner opposite homebase stanway.

They service and repaired the ford poershift gearbox on their diesel Kuga.

Don't believe all those reviews BBD.

Ford Focus / Toyota Avenis - recommendation for independent garage - Colchester - badbusdriver

Don't believe all those reviews BBD.

I don't.

But at the same time I don't believe they are all fake either.

Thanks. I did see that they (Shaikly Motor Company) have good reviews.

The only thing was that their quoted price for a full service for a Toyota was exactly the same as the Toyota main dealer charges for a full service (£370).

Maybe because their website indicates that they focus on servicing premium cars...

Edited by eustace on 25/09/2023 at 16:30

Thanks. I did see that they (Shaikly Motor Company) have good reviews.

The only thing was that their quoted price for a full service for a Toyota was exactly the same as the Toyota main dealer charges for a full service (£370).

Maybe because their website indicates that they focus on servicing premium cars...

You do know you get an extra year warranty with the Toyota main dealer..

Someone will explain shortly..

Actually I wont, Because my car is 15 years old. The free extra year warranty only applies to cars under 10 years old.

But I still don't want to scrimp on servicing my cars... :-)