Honda Jazz Hybrid - Honda - HV Battery Charge Too Low to start - KTJazz

Hi there,

I have a Honda Jazz 2021 - Hybrid.

I have been away for about 6 weeks and left my car, and now I am getting the message: High Voltage Battery Charge Too Low - Vehicle Cannot Start with all warning lights when I attempt to start.

The 12v battery was dead, so have tried to charge it.

The EV battery is showing 0 bars. I have tried to jump start the car but nothing much seems to happen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Honda - HV Battery Charge Too Low to start - elekie&a/c doctor
If the 12 volt battery is dead , nothing is going to work . Try and charge it up , if not , it’s going to need replacement. You’ll need to charge it at a very slow rate .
Honda Jazz Hybrid - Honda - HV Battery Charge Too Low to start - daveyjp

If the system is similar to Toyota you need HV hybrid battery charge to start the car, the 12v is only for ancilliaries and not for starting.

Time to dig out that manual you have probably never read to learn about battery management and what to do if you have no power to start the car,

Honda Jazz Hybrid - Honda - HV Battery Charge Too Low to start - SLO76
Don’t try to jump it! Friend of mine had a similar issue with his Toyota Yaris Cross Hybrid, the Toyota supplied (RAC I think) breakdown provider attended and tried to jump the car resulting in a blown “main fuse” and a bill for £500. He of course reminded the dealer that it was Toyota’s own recovery provider that caused the damage and the costs were rightly waved. 12v battery issues are very common on Hybrids and EV’s.