Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - Richard Sylvester

Hi,

Thanks for looking in.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on purchasing a 45k miles fiesta that has only done 2k in the last two years

I always buy low mileage but know under use can be as bad as overuse .

Things I was going to check , battery, flat spots on tyres. , blocked water runs and rust - tail gate etc. , oil change regardless of mileage. Fluids in general.

I once bought a low mileages pristine sports car and the turbos blew within a week as the oil channels were blocked through lack of use.

Is there anything else anyone would suggest.

Thanks.

Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - badbusdriver

If it is the 1.0 turbo (Ecoboost) I wouldn't buy it.

If it is the 1.25, assuming no problems on test drive, nothing alarming in MOT history and no red flags on any of your other checks, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - Richard Sylvester

Thanks for the positivity.

I agree , going to look today.

Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - John F

...... but know under use can be as bad as overuse .

Hardly ever. My TR7 these days takes about 5yrs to do 2,000 miles. It is 43yrs old and everything works fine.

I once bought a low mileages pristine sports car and the turbos blew within a week as the oil channels were blocked through lack of use.

Nonsense. Oil channels get blocked owing to lack of maintenance or poor quality materials, e.g.fraying cambelts- in- oil, not lack of use.

Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - elekie&a/c doctor
Perhaps we can have the age and model of fiesta ?
Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - Moodyman
I’d be apprehensive if it’s been stood for a while , but if used little and often, it should be fine.

I recently bought a Jazz that was doing c 900 miles per year in the last 2-3 years. But it was being driven frequently and being petrol, got up to temp quickly.

2015 ,Ecoboost

Fair enough, it was a few years ago. I presume the mechanic has to say something to justify the the works. But your reasoning makes sense. Thanks.

Ford fiesta. - Thoughts?low mileage, 2k in 2 years. Is this good? - edlithgow

Free movement of brake calipers, handbrake not releasing, operation of combo switch units.

But its really only an issue if its sat exposed to weather for an extended period.

On return from the UK once I found frogs living in my flooded sills, but it was still basically OK once I removed the drain plugs and refreshed the rust treatment a bit.

bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/engine-after-sit.../